Chapter 13

I have changed the cover of this book, I hope you guys like it. A huge thanks goes out to: goraphobia for making it. I highly recommend you get in touch with them if you ever need a book cover! Also, check out their book: 'Photographing Love (BxB)' it is a very good read!

- Sian

Milokan landed in the field where Kaiden had previously left. His heart pounded in his chest. He had said a farewell to his home, possibly for the rest of his life.

To him, heaven is a comfort, it's what he is used to, and change was hard for him to master. He had just done something crazy and evolved his entire life, all for a demon who might not return. But he is committed to his faith, he will get the guidance if he prayed hard enough.

Birds chirped and played in the clear sky. Milokan sat down in the long grass and allowed the sun's glare to rest on his perfect skin. It was peaceful, and he wondered if the demon visited the countryside often. Maybe, even in hell, he needed harmony from other hell-hounds.

The constant chirping of crickets echoed all around him and the odd buzzing of bee's, wasps and flies adventured near while they visited flowers. If it were not for the insects around him, he would feel utterly alone. Earth will be daunting to him for a very long time, he hoped if Kaiden came back then he could teach him more about humans and how they operate in their everyday lives.

Their technology amazes him, his eyes revealed it while they followed a plane in the sky, carrying people across the world. Where did they start? How did they become so creative? In such a small amount of time, they have built their way up from nothing, and it stunned him almost every time he saw a car or a phone.

Right now, being surrounded by nothing but the natural earth calmed him. He had not a single thing to worry about, other than the troublesome demon who stole half his soul.

* * * * *

The torture room was dull but lit up by big candles planted in each corner of the room. There were blood splatters on the floor and walls from previous victims. Kaiden stood and listened to the silence, he could only hear his heart, but he could feel something that wasn't his own emotions. The bond with the angel seemed to be growing inside of him. The first step was connecting their souls. Now, it started to grow and expand in his body.

When quick footsteps approached, He lowered his head and stared at his feet. If he looked Lucifer directly in the eyes when they were in this room, he might kill him this time. The squeak of the door tensed his body but he was not scared, he knew what to expect.

"Kaiden!" A familiar and very welcomed voice lifted his gaze instantly. His mother ran towards him and flung her arms around his broad shoulders. "I begged him not to hurt you, but he's furious!" She pushed her face into his chest with tears threatening to spill over her eyes, spoiling their beautiful sparkle.

"It's fine, I deserve it." His voice was empty, his emotion was buried so deep that only flakes of it would occasionally rise.

"Why would you say that? What have you done?" She pulled back and stared intently.

"I'm sorry, I had no choice." He stared back as she tried hard to understand where his emotion had gone. "But trust me, I-"

"Show me," Meloras interrupted. "Show me your eyes."

"What?" Kaiden could hear faint footsteps. The devil was coming.

"Show me your eyes, right now."

"Mum-" She shook his shoulders, stopping him.

"Just do it!"

Kaiden sighed, he hoped his master would not make her stay and watch. Last time, her face made him wish he was never born. She has been through so much because of him, it was not fair.