Chapter 7

Kaiden covered the wound on his arm and listened to the heavy footsteps of the humans as they scrambled out of the room, wanting to get out of there before the supernatural being tried to get his revenge. They felt terrified of him but they had every right to be. He is their prisoner.

The demon watched the blood dribble over his index finger, warming his cold skin.

"Are you alright?" Milokan breathed, only just recovering from the strong senses emitting from his enemy. "What did they pull out of your arm?"

Kaiden was extremely livid. They took something that did not belong to them, they had no right to even touch him.

"I am going to kill every human in this damn place!"

Milokan shuddered from his rugged voice. It was so harsh and so full of hatred.

The door slammed shut and added to the foul atmosphere surrounding the two boys. The angel's wings had vanished but he wanted to coil them around himself for comfort.

"What-"

"You can sense me now can't you?" He growled with eyes as dark as death. "It was stopping..." Kaiden's voice trailed off when the angel's emerald eyes felt like they were piercing his soul.

"You're bleeding a lot."

Kaiden looked down. Being in such a cramped room was most definitely messing with his emotions.

"I have to get out of here."

The angel watched when he started pulling on his chains. The determination was strong and each tug was more forceful than the last. Kaiden didn't care that it was cutting more into his wrist. He could handle the pain but each hour he stays here, the Devil will grow increasingly angry and he will be the one to fall onto his path of despair.

The wall was taking a beating. The concrete was old, damaged and the crack next to the demon's head was growing in length.

"Calm yourself, maybe we can work together?"

Kaiden scoffed, they both knew that would not work, not for long enough to make an impact.

"I-" He used a lot of force and pulled on his chains, "Need-" Pulling again, he could hear the grinding of the concrete, "To be-" The angel watched with worry and admiration. He was impressed by his tenacity, "Free!"

One sharp crack and his arm got set free. The wall formed a hole, allowing the light from the other room to rush in. Wire's sparked while they hung loosely in the air. The demon felt his strengths immediately filling his body. The chains had been filled with a form of technology which is what was cutting off their supernatural abilities.

Now that he had his strengths back, he pulled off the other chains like they were paper, sellotaped to the wall. Milokan mimicked a statue and tried incredibly hard not to draw attention to himself. Yet, the demon's eyes still found their way to his and a sinister smile overtook his lips.

"Are you ready to die?"

"No!" The angel squeaked and got pushed against the wall by the demon's big body. His cold fingers instantly gripped his neck and the small boy found himself fearing for his life. "Please!"

"What are your final words?" He muttered and clenched his jaw. His eyes were black while he took a handful of his brown locks and embedded his hand into it. He pulled it enough for him to wince.

"Please Kaiden," He whispered. Staring deep into his eyes, he tried to see past his black soul and search for his heart. He has seen glimpses of it, he knew he cared. "Please don't do this."