Chapter 10

My friend: paigeruth has only just started out on Wattpad but she writes the most wonderful short stories (some are personal to her). I'm sure she would be very grateful if you could check out her work and show some lovely support on 'One White Rose'. It's fantastic.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter! :)

- Sian

Intense sentiments of confusion could overrule Kaiden's abnormal feelings for the young angel, but he was staring deep into his magnificent emerald eyes, only allowing himself to be engulfed within the beauty and kindness of his soul.

His hands started to tremble and he was unable to lift himself out of the cold leaves. Now, he wasn't just seeing the soul of Milokan, he was seeing his own, mixing, churning and intertwining with it. The sight scared him, it was something he was not able to control or reverse.

Milokan's smooth fingertips touched the rough bark of the tree behind him. He had to cling onto something tangible. The demon was perceptible, he could most definitely see him, as well as his aura which mixed with his own. He opened his mouth and instantly choked on his words. What could he possibly say that would make the situation more bearable for his overworked mind?

The world around them had fallen silent. Humans slept in the early hours and birds fled the events of the supernatural beings connecting their bond.

"This- This cannot be," Breathed the angel. "I-" Looking at a demon who shared parts of his soul was not what he ever imagined his eyes would see.

Kaiden saw his breath against the rising sun rays and the cold morning air.

"How did that happen?" The usual demanding voice was quiet and frail. "I wasn't ready to accept it."

"The time was right." Milokan slowly stood up. "Why you? Why a demon?" His eyes looked between the canopy's of the trees and into the sky. He had just lost the right to be let back into Heaven, his home. One of the laws forbid connections with anyone other than angels.

Kaiden stood up too when his hands stopped shaking. He was frowning, but not with anger.

"I can't go home." Running a hand through his hair, he wanted to screech until it hurt his lungs. "My mother, I-I can't-" When Milokan took a step towards him, he took a regretful step back. "Don't you dare come near me."

"Kaiden, we need-"

"Don't you dare say my name!" The demon was rightfully breaking down.

"Yelling at me will not change things. I did not think the humans were right, yet I carelessly ignored the possibilities of it being true."

"You have ruined me." Kaiden tried to glare but it tugged on his heart.

"I have done nothing," Milokan crossed his arms. His emotions were pushing him to run into the demon and hug him. He didn't want to let them in, not until they were comfortable with each other. "If I could have controlled this, I would have stopped it in an instant. I do not want to be connected to someone like you, we are not well suited."

"This is all wrong!" Kaiden punched a tree trunk, his demon traits were still present. "IT'S ALL WRONG!" As blood dripped from his cut knuckles, Milokan could not let it happen, not to someone who now shares his soul. He ran over and pulled on his elbow. Kaiden growled and turned to smack him, but he couldn't bring himself to do it.

Milokan flinched and lowered his head.

"Do not injure yourself, please."

Kaiden pressed his back against the wood when an urge to feel the angel's warmth washed over him.