Chapter 28

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

-Sian

"I don't think anything will happen," Kaiden mumbled.

"Well, I- even if nothing does happen, it will be nice to share-"

"Why?" Kaiden watched how he edged closer with flustered cheeks. He fought against admitting that they made him look sweet.

"Why not? We will kiss at some point, and now is a great time."

"Is it?"

Milokan gently shook his head.

"Is it so hard to give a simple answer? I would like to know what you are truthfully thinking for once; I hardly think it is fair to pretend and-"

The angel's voice cut off when a pair of warm lips touched his. His heart stopped, as did his breathing. Kaiden, partly to shut him up, had kissed him, but the moment their lips skimmed together, he lost any trail of thought, and his heart almost exploded. His face felt like it was pulsating when his nose pressed up against him, but the angel didn't kiss him in return. The demon pulled back with a frown.

"This was your idea-" Milokan silenced him when he gripped his cheeks and pushed their faces back together. This time, they both kissed each other, and the warmth in their chests intensified instantly. For once, they shared the same level of affection. Kaiden closed his eyes when Milokan melted against him and wrapped his arms around his shoulders. He tightened his grip on his waist, subconsciously wanting him as close as possible.

The kiss was very gentle as the angel clumsily followed the demons slow actions. Kaiden lost any thoughts and only focused on the taste, scent, and comfort of his soulmate. It felt incredible, and he honestly expected it to be awkward and uncomfortable. For them both, it felt so right to share such a moment.

When Milokan dug his fingers into the back of Kaiden's hair, the demon let out a little growl of satisfaction. The angel pulled back with a frown. His eyes leaked passion.

"Why did you do that?" he whispered, there was only a centimetre between their lips.

"I- never mind." He didn't want to kill his innocence just yet, but a wave of desire had washed through him so suddenly when Milokan tugged on his hair, it dominated his actions, and he would have kissed him harder if Milokan didn't pull away.

The angel then pressed his forehead against Kaidens, forgetting that he is a demon, ignoring that their relationship is rocky, and concentrated on the moment.

"That was wonderful!" he breathed. "I never thought my first kiss would be with a demon."

"That was your first kiss?" Kaiden was already trying to distract himself from what they just shared. It is evident that it had changed them both. How could he possibly snap at him, or reject his touch when they were now growing so intertwined? Their souls danced with each other, he could feel it within him.

"Yes, who else do you suppose I have kissed?" Milokan pulled back, and his heart flopped when Kaiden was looking a little loved up, but he cleared his throat and diverted his gaze to the rocks. Kaiden frowned when Meloras and Jeronah were no longer there, he was so caught up in the kiss that he forgot his surroundings.

"I don't know," he mumbled and gently uncoiled his arms from around his waist after noticing Meloras looking through the toiletries behind them. She didn't say anything and pretended not to notice, but she was thrilled and excited for him. He was changing for the better, and she never thought she would see the day.