Chapter 34

Crossovers are fun ;)

- Sian

"What now?" Milokan dared to ask. He and Jeronah were paying attention to some friendly deer while the two demons talked in private and in peace.

"I am not sure," sighed Jeronah and traced his fingers along the deer's face, enjoying the soft feel against his skin. "I cannot imagine that the angels will allow us to keep running forever. Although, they did not help Panuleon when he and his soulmate were in trouble, but they did allow Zachariah to be with them."

"Who is Panuleon?" Milokan asked.

"An angel who is very special, just like yourself. They were required for war, him and his soulmate, so they were critical to the angels. Still, heaven chose to let them suffer from the demons until they could escape."

"Escape where?"

"To another world."

Milokan was staring with distant eyes, still processing other worlds.

"Which one?"

"One filled with humans and Vampires. They are very happy there. Maybe one day, and one day soon, we can visit and find solitude with no demons."

"That would be..." Milokan thought about asking what Vampires were, but it was too much to think about, "interesting."

"It certainly would," Jeronah chuckled. He turned and watched his son talk with Meloras. He looked like a man sitting next to her. He remembered when Kaiden used to cuddle on his lap. He was such a small and petite toddler; the angel never thought he would grow to be so big.

"If he can soften to me, he will adjust to you too," Milokan smiled. "I thought this bond was impossible. Nothing seems to be anymore though, does it?"

Jeronah looked away from his son. Kaiden glanced at Milokan so often, and he was bound to catch him staring. He couldn't help it, and he wanted to pinch himself to make sure it wasn't a dream.

"I know it will take time for him to get used to me." he tried not to feel too emotional. "So, are you getting used to the bond and living on earth?"

Milokan noticed his attempt to change the subject.

"The bond feels very strange still. I am only just understanding what my feelings are, and what are Kaidens. I like it though. I have not felt alone, and it is a nice change," he sighed. "As for the earth, it is very wonderful. I have so many animal species to meet, and I have a lot to learn about humans."

"Well, you will never be alone, I am positive your soulmate will make sure of that. All those years alone in heaven, Milokan, I have no idea why."

The young angel looked down to his feet. The sun almost disappeared behind the horizon, and half of the sky was a cloudy orange, waiting for the night sky to chase it.

"When it gets dark, I cannot help but feel that abandonment, or a deep feeling that I do not belong. Then all I have to do is look up and see your son's eyes. They are unusually bright for a demon, but they match tonight's sky, reminding me of a sunrise or one that sets, a moment of a new beginning or an end of something I want to leave behind. I remember that I am not the only one going through this change. Kaiden understands, his eyes tell me every time I feel-" the angel stopped when a cold hand rested on his shoulder.

"Why are angels so overly emotional?"

Milokan looked up into the eyes he was just talking about. Surprisingly, there was a little more shine to them than usual.