Chapter 26

Milokan glanced around the corner, looking down the busy street. He could barely see anything between the humans who rushed around, going in and out of shops or storming down the pavement. Kaiden stood closely behind him, towering over the small angel. The demon had to make sure he would not wander away. Milokan's eyes revealed how intrigued he was by everything surrounding him.

Meloras had forced Kaiden to take his soulmate to London. She thought the angel would learn a substantial amount in a capital city. It was cultural, loud, vibrant and full of exciting things to keep him happy.

"Try to stay as normal as you can," the demon whispered. Milokan turned when his breath brushed his ear. His face was close, close enough for the demon to see faint freckles across his nose. Kaiden instantly stood up straight before he had the chance to blush. Jeronah and his mother stood behind them, waiting to move from the dull alleyway.

"Okay, I will follow you," Milokan beamed, delighted to do something new. He always blushed enough for them both and never tried to hide it.

Kaiden boldly stepped into the street, immediately growing irritated by humans as they edged around him, not caring whether they bumped him or not.

"Oh, what is this?" asked the angel. He turned to hurry over to a shop window, but Kaiden grabbed his hand and pulled him into him. He bent down so he wouldn't yell and draw attention to them.

"Don't run off, don't speak, don't breathe, just act like you belong here." His stare was serious, and Milokan found himself subconsciously nodding. He gripped the demon's hand a little tighter, determined to keep down Kaiden's anger.

"I apologise. I am just excited. The earth is a very new experience for me."

The demon didn't let go of his hand, worried that Milokan's excitement would get the better of him. Of course, he ignored the stares from humans and pulled him down the street.

"Where do you suppose they are going?" Milokan questioned and dodged a woman running towards him with coffee in a plastic container. He decided to stick himself to his soulmates side. He was big and could easily push through everyone.

"Work," Kaiden sighed. "They have imprisoned themselves for a boring life."

"What do they work for?"

"To survive."

Meloras and Jeronah followed, occasionally brushing their fingers or shoulders to settle their bond. Jeronah's heart ached every time Kaiden looked at him. He desperately wanted to re-connect with him and build that father and son relationship, which they had before his world came crashing down around him. He wanted to hug him and to cherish him. He wanted to know what would make him smile and what made him upset. He wanted inside jokes and a bond like no other, but in the harsh reality of his life, he didn't know his son at all. When the time comes for Kaiden to know, Jeronah is prepared to get very emotional.

"You're attracting all the dogs," the demon muttered.

They passed two golden Labradors who almost pulled their owner over to get to him.

"Hello," Milokan chuckled but was instantly pulled away. He frowned and didn't like the demon's authority. "Will you please be a little less controlling."

Kaiden grumbled a response but kept walking until they reached the end of the street.

"I am stern because you can not get comfortable with ordering me around. Yes, you know more about this earth than me, but you have no right to stop me from doing anything that will make me happy. You do not own me, Kaiden." His voice was in a hushed tone. He wanted to yell his frustration even if it wasn't wise.