Chapter 20

Sorry for the slow update! My laptop had some severe issues that are now thankfully all sorted!

- Sian

"I do not know enough about elder angels to know if any are corrupt." the thought was a little disturbing for the young and naive angel.

"There has to be at least one. If there are demon's like us, there are corrupt angels." Kaiden glanced around; they needed to leave. "Let's talk about this somewhere else."

Meloras and Milokan nodded. The angel exposed his wings, but Kaiden was fast to stop him.

"No, you leave rifts in the air, you can't fly."

"Oh," Milokan pressed the white feathers against his back. "Can you teach me how to-"

"No."

Meloras rolled her eyes and gently shoved the angel closer to her son.

"He will have to travel with you. Let's go," the demon smirked and turned away, not caring to see his scowl.

Kaiden muttered silently and grabbed Milokan's shoulder.

"May I rest my arms around your shoulders? I would feel more secure." Milokan bit his bottom lip and allowed his cheeks to grow pink. Kaiden's heart crippled. His jaw clenched when the angel watched him with pleading eyes. How could he resist?

"Fine," he groaned and bent down. The angel held him tight and wrapped his legs around the demon's waist when he stood up straight. The blush on his cheeks deepened, he tried to keep himself back from burring his nose into Kaiden's shoulder and smelling his addictive scent.

Kaiden tried to hide his emotions. He could feel the angels happiness because they were close. Their affection settled, and their minds calmed when they were like this. It irritated him and thrilled him at the same time. He wrapped his arms around the angels back and avoided his mother's gaze, who looked rather pleased with herself.

"Follow me." She turned and looked up at the stars and vanished. Milokan quickly gripped the demon's broad shoulders before they vanished too, into the deep night sky.

* * * * *

"You travel too slow," complained the angel when the demon's feet landed on the ground.

"Sorry I don't have wings." Kaiden turned to check if Meloras was still with them, which she was. "I need to find a lake so that I can wash." Staying clean was very important to him, unlike many other demons.

"Yes." Meloras looked around. "I'll go and look for one. Stay here. I won't be long."

"Wait-"

Meloras vanished before her son could object. Kaiden didn't want her to leave. He worried that she would run into more demons. He also didn't want to be left alone with the angel.

"Your body doesn't refresh itself?" questioned Milokan.

"No," Kaiden grumbled and tried to put him down, but the angel held on tighter.

"Please, just a few more minutes. I don't like it when it hurts." Their chests ached almost all of the time when they were not close and touching.

Kaiden sighed, expressing his fake annoyance. Of course, he would rather have him close than feeling the ache of separation, but he couldn't admit it. He winced when the angel moved his hands against his shoulder blades.

Milokan could feel padding underneath his t-shirt from his wounds. He also found it odd that demons do not heal fast. The angel can be repaired within an hour if he sleeps through it.