Chapter 40

*PLEASE READ!*

I know that a lot of you are confused and are annoyed that I 'spoiled' a mouth full of blood for you, but I did warn you that only half of it was up on Wattpad and urged you to read the completed version on Quotev. Now, I have more of the series on Quotev, there are two full sequels after 'a mouth full of blood' on Quotev that you can read to sort out the confusion. But if you don't want to, or don't have the time, that's okay because I'll make sure you fully understand everything without having to read them, you just won't know everyone's story in depth. (Read at your own risk they are not edited). Please, if you are still confused, go to Quotev and find my profile 'Sian' and the order for this entire series goes like this: 

1. You Have Wings?

2. A Mouth Full of Blood

3. Blood on Their Wings

4. Gold Lights

5. Lunar Whispers 

6. Souls for Satan

(Sorry if this came across as a little grumpy, I'm hungover and people don't read author notes so I'm guaranteed to still get confused messages! I hope you enjoy the chapter and have a great day.)

- Sian 

"Would you like to head back towards the mansion, or would you prefer to stay and watch the sunset?" Milokan asked. Jed had left them to settle down and relax by themselves. The angel didn't need to keep an eye on the demon, even if Duke had told him to do so.

Kaiden sat silently. His eyes watched the mansion, wondering if he would still be staring at the same building in a few years.

"Do you think mum's okay?" his voice was softer than usual, and his eyes had a distant glaze, almost like the perfection of the mansion had hypnotised him.

"I do," said Milokan. "I can only imagine that Jeronah's presence is helping her through this, especially after being separated for so long. Imagine if we were separated for thousands of years?"

Kaiden moved his gaze to the angel, reached up and swept his brown locks away from his eyes. The silence within the trees was so empty; he could almost hear Milokan's heartbeat.

"It would be horrible."

Milokan sat very still. The demon was affectionate because of his sadness.

"Well, that will not happen. There are no demons here, we are free."

If Panuleon and Corey could live a happy life here, nothing was stopping them from doing the same thing. A demon-free world, except for Kaiden, sounded like something Milokan would enjoy.

"Free? To what extent? This family have us on a leash already."

"It is for our own good. Soon enough, this family will trust our intentions, we will not bring chaos or harm to their family, they will see." Milokan reached up and traced the bruise forming around Kaiden's scar. "Please let Panuleon heal you."

"Later."

"Are you allowing the pain because it is taking your thoughts away from Meloras? You feel responsible."

Kaiden looked away. He wore guilt on his face once again. It felt like armour, built from the emotion and was weighing him down, aching his muscles. It was exhausting to feel so beaten.

"You should not feel responsible," Milokan continued. "It was not your-"

"Fault? I won't suddenly change my mind the more you say that. I just need time to process losing her."