Chapter 38

For those of you who are confused about the comments that talked about someone called Vinny, I heavily suggest you read: 'A Mouth Full of Blood' (It's on my profile) which focuses on the world Milokan and Kaiden are in now! It's not complete on Wattpad yet because I'm updating the grammar, but the completed version is on Quotev if you search for my profile: 'Sian' or search for the story title, you'll find it! Read at your own risk though, I wrote it a few years ago!

- Sian

The man in the waistcoat stood back and allowed the cloakroom to fill with bodyguards. An older man with silvery grey eyes, around the age of sixty, stood next to him and observed the situation.

"How did a demon get into this world?" he murmured but was quickly distracted when the angel started yelling.

"No! Stop!" A man pulled Milokan away from Kaiden, but the demon wasn't prepared to give up and started fighting, even when his face squished between the marble floor and an elbow. Five people were on top of him as Milokan kicked and fought against even more. "Get off of him!"

Kaiden winced when ring infested fingers punched him in the face, scratching his skin. His eyes were black, and he retaliated by biting. The demon sat up but covered his head when more fists flew in his direction.

"STOP IT!" Milokan cried. Everything happened so suddenly; it grew impossible for Kaiden to defend himself. "You're hurting him!"

Kaiden curled up into a ball when he was kicked and punched by too many bodyguards. Their goal was to knock him out, but he knows how to handle the abuse. When his nose started bleeding, Milokan tried pushing through bodies, but a woman turned and knocked him back.

What could he do? How dare they barge in and hurt Kaiden for who he is. Every small cry of pain that left the demon's lips, the anger was building inside of the angel. He had to do something; he had to protect Kaiden. He couldn't helplessly watch, he was stronger than that.

"GET AWAY FROM MY SOULMATE!" he screamed and dived onto a bodyguards back, pulled hard on his hair and punched him in the throat.

The man in the waistcoat uncrossed his arms with a deep frown. He looked at the man standing next to him who shared the same confusion.

"Soulmate?" he mumbled.

Milokan had snapped, and his eyes were raging with anger. He attacked the bodyguards like it was the last hope he had until a loud voice boomed through the room.

"Stop, now!" the man in the waistcoat ordered. The bodyguards instantly listened and stood up. They felt a little wary about leaving the demon, but Milokan pushed through them and knelt by his side. Kaiden coughed and wheezed. He uncoiled himself from the cold floor when his cheeks met warm hands.

"Are you okay? Tell me that you are okay!" Milokan forced him to look in his direction. Kaiden couldn't speak, the air got knocked out of him. He released a pained smile, showing his bloody teeth. Little did he know, Milokan's anger had only just started.

The angel turned with a terrifying frown.

"How dare you!" he yelled and stomped over to the man in the waistcoat. "What has he ever done to you! Just because he is a demon, does not give you the right to treat him that way!" he poked him hard in the chest. The man was much taller than him, but he said nothing and let the angel continue. Milokan's wings were still out; he was too emotional to put them away. "We have given up everything to get here, and you treat us like this? You did not even give us a chance! We should go back right now if this is how the other world behaves. It is disgusting!"

Kaiden watched while his lungs started working again. A faint smirk sat on his lips. He knew Milokan had the fire within him. He didn't think he was this protective. It felt good.