Chapter 8

Are you enjoying the story so far? I'm loving the different characters and I feel like I have a lot to play with, in terms of their differences. Thank you so much for your support! :)

- Sian

The way in which an angel travelled is completely different to a Demon's. They are much faster and smoother. Kaiden had barely any time to think, but he appreciated the new experience.

Only seconds went by until they landed heavily onto a grey concrete ground. Milokan rolled twice until Kaiden's heavy body squished him. He groaned and pushed against his chest.

"Get off!"

The demon got up at once. He was not fond of awkward situations.

To distract his mind, he looked around. His cold amber eyes didn't bother to check on the angel, he was more concerned about the fact that they were still inside.

"What the hell angel?" He growled. "And how dare you touch me!"

"I have a name," He sighed and climbed to his feet when he could breathe normally. His head was throbbing from his injury. "It's-"

"Shut up." Kaiden walked to the end of the corridor and tried the handle. Of course, it was locked.

"It is not my fault you are too heavy."

"Are you insulting me?"

"No, look at you. you are not exactly my size."

Kaiden watched him out of the corner of his eye.

"What are you like three foot tall? And don't they have a gym in heaven?"

"Actually, I am five foot and three inches tall. And we- what is a gym?" Milokan's eyes took a generous amount of time to scope the demon's muscular body.

"Lucifer likes his demon's to be strong." He turned and crossed his arms, showing the angel just how muscular his arms really were. "Look at me like that again and I will rip your eyes out."

Milokan clenched his jaw but diverted his gaze.

"Do you always have to be so graphic?"

"Only to the people who I hate the most."

The angel turned so he could express a deep frown. He could not wait to be out of the presence of such a degrading being.

He spotted a door on the left wall and one at the end of the corridor. Instead of turning to face Kaiden, he started walking towards one, seeing if there was a way out. He couldn't fly with someone else, not when he was injured.

"Stop," Kaiden hissed when he heard voices. Milokan noticed that the door on the left was open, leaving a small crack for the sounds to reach their ears. He recognised it as Sally's and felt the anger emitting from the demon.

"Do not do anything yet, let us listen, they might reveal-" He froze when a big hand covered his mouth and the back of his head was pushed against a strong chest. Kaiden leant down, he was much taller than the angel.

"How dare you give me orders."

Milokan flinched when he felt his breath against his earlobe. Unlike his hand, his breath was warm. The demon lifted his head when the voices grew louder. He didn't release the angel and instead stepped forwards and listened.

"I've heard nothing, I don't know what's going on." Sally's voice was angering Kaiden.

"Then maybe you made a mistake. How do you know that this is the couple everyone is talking about?"