Chapter 37

"What world is it connected to?" Milokan questioned after stepping away from the tear. He didn't want to be close after Kaiden expressed his theories of fitting through it.

"We won't know until we go through." Veronica put the instrument down when Jeronah tried to touch it. He was so fascinated by something that looked so simple but did remarkable things. It looked like a clamping device, but the ends were sharp. The two handles seemed to be made of many types of metal and materials. He would be very intrigued to see what was on the inside and how the device started to create tears.

"Oh," Milokan hummed, "what are vampires?"

Veronica, which surprised Kaiden, didn't look irritated by the angel's lack of knowledge and the need to ask questions. She seemed eager to give him a detailed answer. A small part of him was happy that she accepted his soulmate.

"It's a little hard to explain to someone who probably hasn't seen or heard of the human stereotypes, but they have the same lifeline as us, and look the same as everyone else. They have things called fangs so they can suck the blood out of people. Don't ask why because I have no idea. Actually, I don't know much about vampires. Kaiden, you need to take him on a movie date and watch something with them in so he can understand more," Veronica grinned. Her teeth were so white and perfect.

"What is a date?" Milokan questioned. He was frowning at the thought of something sucking the blood from something else. He didn't want to ask about it. He was sure Veronica wouldn't know. Everyone laughed at his question, except for Kaiden.

"I would say dates are romantic situations, shared only between yourself and a person of... interest. If you know what I mean," she smirked at Kaiden who was glaring with cold eyes. His amber was such a warm colour; he had to hate something for them to look harsh really.

"So, do humans go on dates? Is this a human thing?"

"Mostly," Kaiden muttered and turned away before the blush could creep onto his cheeks. He could feel the angel's presence sharing his own. It was starting to get difficult to be around it and not give the angel his entire attention. When the stress with Lucifer is over, he will surely give in to his feelings and generously smother him with as much affection as a demon can give. "Anyway, what now?"

"Well," Veronica sighed, feeling an approaching headache from the bright lights in the overbearingly lit room. "I guess we start planning how to kill Lucifer."

Kaiden glanced at Jeronah who clenched his jaw. The angel knew his brother was no good for the world. He wished he didn't attach to him with a family label. It made it harder for him to accept Lucifer's fate of being murdered.

Before they could make further plans, a knock on the door altered Veronica's gaze as she found herself looking back and forth between Jeronah and Kaiden.

"What!" she yelled before pulling on the brass handle, revealing an old man with thinning grey hair and deep-set eyes, masked with wrinkles and tiredness. He had a walking stick made from glossed wood and an unusually satisfied smile for what he was about to say.

"A fight is breaking out in the shop. Your stuff is getting vandalised."

Veronica dramatically rolled her eyes.

"Humans, they are so petty. Charles, don't let them out of your sight." She pointed a perfectly manicured finger at everyone in the room before stomping down the corridor and towards the stairs, having more trust in Kaiden than what he had in her. The old man watched everyone in the room with an odd twinkle in his eyes.

"Well, what are you waiting for, go and live your life. It starts here." Everyone watched him turn his frail body and continue his slow journey down the corridor.