Chapter 6

"How much does your life mean to you?" Kaiden growled. "Not enough to make up lies."

"I-I'm not lying, we heard it from-"

"Kill him!" Sally yelled. "He's worthless anyway." Staring at her partner in crime, Ben should be sworn to secrecy about the information he was offering to spill. Of course, they know things about the demon and angel that they don't even know about themselves. A source came to them and told them everything, a backstabber among their own kind.

"D-Don't, please! I'll tell you everything. I-" A sudden loud echo filled the tiny room, making Milokan jump and press his back harder against the wall.

Kaiden flinched when something darted through the air and hit Ben right in between the eyes. flecks of his blood splashed on the demon's face while the human instantly fell limp in his arms.

Milokan looked up to see Sally pointing a gun at Ben, her eyes full of a sick emptiness.

"He can't reveal things like that. In our contract, we choose death instead of spilling our secrets." Even her voice was laced with cold emotions.

"His blood will always be on your hands," Milokan whispered. Sorrow was floating all around him, even Kaiden felt it leaking from his aura. But of course, the demon didn't care much for death, he was most likely going to kill the human anyway.

Kicking him aside, he crossed his arms and felt the pull of the chains and the stinging on his wrists. He watched how Milokan stared in horror. Sighing, he rolled his eyes and glared at Sally.

"Move him then. I don't want to look at your mess."

Sally turned and walked away. Not a single word left her lips, knowing she would be the one to tell Ben's family that he died. She dropped the gun to the ground and clenched her hands into fists, needing to keep herself together. That was the first human she had killed and she was questioning whether the slaughter was worth it for her job.

"Please wipe his blood off your face," Milokan said quietly as Ben's lifeless body was dragged out of the room, leaving a red trail behind him.

Kaiden, like the crazed demon he was, licked the side of his mouth, enjoying the taste of metallic human blood.

"You're disgusting." The angel closed his eyes and called for help in his head, praying that an angel would take pity on him and arrange for help. Yet, his hope was deteriorating.

Kaiden used his jacket sleeve and wiped the rest of his face.

"Human's surprise me every day. I can't decide if I like Sally after that or not." His amused eyes were once again taunting the angel.

"Don't you see?" The angel started looking very sorry for himself. "She just proved that she will kill us, too easily."

"I don't care. You see death too negatively."

"I am sure your mother would care."

"Don't you dare," He muttered and scratched the top of his arm and on the metal that sat under his skin, still keeping the angel as a stranger to be able to sense him. "Mention her again and I will rip your wings off."

The reminder of his wings brought back how uncomfortable it was for the young angel to keep them hidden.

"She must mean a lot to you."

"What did I just-"

"Why is it so difficult for you to just talk?"

"Because there are several things I'd rather be doing."

"Like what?"

"Putting my cold hands around your neck."

"You are so sadistic."