69- Too Good At Goodbyes

| 69 - Too good at goodbyes. |

Y/n pov

You must think that I'm stupid
You must think that I'm a fool
You must think that I'm new to this
But I have seen this all before

I sung into the microphone, eyes closed lost in the moment. I remembered the exact day I wrote this song and the story behind it.

I'm never gonna let you close to me
Even though you mean the most to me
'Cause every time I open up, it hurts
So I'm never gonna get too close to you
Even when I mean the most to you
In case you go and leave me in the dirt

Lauren fucking jauregui, the most beautiful girl I'd ever laid eyes on who I had the honor to call mine. I loved her and I still do but what she did to my heart, I cant say I'm proud to call her mine anymore. She ruined my heart with each word and action she'd ever did while we were together.

But every time you hurt me, the less that I cry
And every time you leave me, the quicker these tears dry
And every time you walk out, the less I love you
Baby, we don't stand a chance, it's sad but it's true

The beginning of our relationship I thought was going good til I found her in bed with another guy. She said she didnt mean it and I was so in love with her and blinded that I believed her, biggest mistake I ever made. She cheated again after that but with a girl this time. I remember staying up late crying to my sister ally. She was my first love and all she did was cheat.

I'm way too good at goodbyes
(I'm way too good at goodbyes)
I'm way too good at goodbyes
(I'm way too good at goodbyes)

The first time she cheated I cried my heart out, the second time I cried for a few weeks and the more she cheated the less tears I sheaded. She wasn't worth my tears. I went out that day and met a girl at a bar. She was so beautiful and for a moment I forgot I was in a relationship. I had more respect for Lauren even though she cheated on me five times. I broke up with her and I remember her dropping to her knees in our living room of our shared apartment begging me not to leave her.

I know you're thinking I'm heartless
I know you're thinking I'm cold
I'm just protecting my innocence
I'm just protecting my soul

I walked out the door as her cries and screams could be heard all the way down to the elevator. She probably thought I was heartless for leaving her but I had to protect my innocence and my soul from her killing it.

I'm never gonna let you close to me
Even though you mean the most to me
'Cause every time I open up, it hurts
So I'm never gonna get too close to you
Even when I mean the most to you
In case you go and leave me in the dirt

We were now just a stranger who knew each others secrets. We seen each other constantly and she was now with someone. I knew her enough to know she wasnt happy with the guy she was dating. The short replies, the small half smiles and the dim glow in her eyes gave it away.

But every time you hurt me, the less that I cry
And every time you leave me, the quicker these tears dry
And every time you walk out, the less I love you
Baby, we don't stand a chance, it's sad but it's true

The girl I met at the bar and I started dating four months after the break up between Lauren and i. She made me so happy and she was so playful. I love her and we've been together for a year now.

"Babe?" I heard the blond beauty call as arms wrapped around my torso. I smiled and hummed as they cut the music off and i was done recording the song.

"Yes baby" I said turning around seeing her brown eyes meeting mine with that glow of happiness in her brown eyes.

"I love you" she said making me smile wide which caused her to mirror my action causing her dimples show.

"I love you too Dinah Jane" I said making her giggle.

...

Want a part 2?
Thank you for reading.