Chapter 3 - And Shine

A group of nurses loiter outside of the patient's room that is guarded by two buff hospital guards. The doctors finish making notes as the healers cast a light healing spell over her. An older nurse smoothly hooks the girl to an IV filled with healing serum, a combination of modern medicine and magic.

A young nurse brings in a tray of soft foods for the girl to eat as cameras are set up to record the interview. The two detectives are finally permitted to enter the room as a team of therapists follows, whilst the rest of the medical team leaves, leaving behind only Doctor Wang and Chief Nurse Mildred.

The detectives first impression of the missing girl is pitiful. Her green hospital gown makes her seem much younger than she should be. Her slim cheeks are gaunt as bruise like shadows hide under her brown eyes that are filled with abject, dull horror. Her damp dark hair barely reaches her chest. Her hair still wet is a clear sign of her physical weakness as the nurses had to help her bathe not to long ago.

The girl softly mutters thanks as she hesitantly grabs a spoon and fills it to the brim with tapioca pudding. She hesitates for a moment as she takes a bite and her eyes grow wide as tears fill her eyes. Chief Nurse Mildred rushes forward as the girl shakes her head and says, "It's okay. It's just-, I had forgotten how good pudding tastes like."

Everyone faces are filled with sympathy as the detectives seated themselves before her. The scruffy detective lets the charming detective perform their introductions. "I'm Detective Myers and this is Detective Locke. We're so sorry for disturbing you, but we need to speak to you regarding the events that transpired a year ago on April 1st."

The girl slowly puts down her metal spoon and softly murmurs, "Okay."

"Do you remember, the events that transpired on that day?" Detective Myers gravely asked.

"I don't remember, how we were taken. But when we all came too, we were all in a room."

"Okay, then who took you?"

"SHE did."

"Whose she?"

"She called herself, the goddess of life."

The therapists are frantically taking notes seeing a new paper being written before them. There would be fierce battles for writing rights, a bloodshed for credits and ambushes for the unwary. But in the end, only a few would remain supreme in the field of academics.

Detective Locke interjects, "What does SHE look like that?"

The girl stiffens as hatred glimmers in the depths of her eyes. "Blonde, blue eyes, an ethereal beauty," the girl firmly answered.

"Are you sure it was a woman?" Detective Myers asked, but a gaze filled with hate clearly answers his question.

"And the rest of your classmates?" Detective Locke asked as everyone breaths are held in.

"Dead," the girl matter-of-factly stated.

"But what about you?" Detective Locke firmly said as he studied the girl for any signs of lies or treachery.

The girl raises her eyes that were deep enough to drown to a frigid death. "I was the cursed one. I am the last," she gravely said as the rest of the groups let out sighs of resignation. Their worst fears had just been confirmed.

The phone rings as Detective Locke glances at the caller. He apologetically says, "Sorry, I have to take this."

"Hello, Sergeant?"

"Yes, she's awake. We were just going to ask for the whereabouts of-."

"I see. Alright, will do so." Detective Locke turns off the phone and slides it into his pocket. "My apologies, but Detective Myers and I are needed," Detective Locke steadily said as the groups suspected the reason why. The bodies of classroom 13 must have been found.