Chapter 25.5 - The Dungeon Ⅴ

Dressed in appropriate clothing, Izo teleports directly into the temple to find James Duke already for her including the Sky Temple Knights. Sir Williams and rest of the Sky Temple Knights recognize Izo as Miss Reed the owner of Marchen Inc. and auction house. Before any of them can react, the brownie bishop bows and says, "Greetings your excellency, why has Pope Psykosis joined us so early this morning?"

"I have come to test my Captain as I will be away for a time in the nearby future on Cthulhu's errands," Izo solemnly replied.

"I see, then I wish Her Excellency victory today," the brownie bishop sincerely said.

Izo nods as the brownie bishop departs leaving everyone with their mouths open. James Duke sighs and grunts, "Miss Izo Reed is the Pope of Cthulhu and speaker of the god. Please give her Excellency all thy respect and loyalty."

Sir Williams and the Sky Temple Knights instantly bow their heads and chorus says, "Greetings your holy eminence."

Izo snorts and says, "Thank you, but now, follow me."

James Dukes moves to follow but all the Sky Temple Knights stare at their captain with puppy dog eyes. "Let them come, it can't hurt for them to watch. And who knows, maybe I'll even try myself against them," Izo commented over her shoulder.

The Sky Temple Knights immediately have a better impression of Her Excellency, Miss Izo Reed. Sadly, for them, they were unaware that the dungeon had been created by Izo and that she was the entire reason for their mental and emotional scars/traumas. But as stated before, some things are better left unknown.

James Duke rolls his eyes and growls under his breath, "The lot of you better behave yourself," before striding after Izo. The Sky Temple Knights nod their heads in reply, before hastily following their captain.

Izo leads them to a door on the side of the temple that hadn't been there the day before. Izo quietly says, "I bought a sparring room to train in. So even if one dies while sparring, you will instantly revive back. So, you and the knights will have free use of it, whenever you need it." Izo pauses and mutters under her breath, "Especially given how much the damn thing cost me."

James nods his head sagely as he follows Izo into an endless plain as the eye can see and with cliffs surrounding either side of the doorway and a large open blue sky hanging overhead. James' eyes widen in shock as the Sky Temple Knight's mouths flop open with disbelief. The door automatically closes behind the last person as the Sky Temple knights remain on the side while James walks out towards Izo who is further inland.

"So how do you want to do this?" James drily asked. He had double checked Izo's status at the adventurer's guild, but Izo Reed was only a C-class ranker. If he went all out, he would easily hurt her even if she couldn't die in this area she would instantly revive, he would rather very much not to kill her.

Izo smiles thinly at James as she says, "I expect you to go full out on me."

James winces and says, "Is that an order?"

"Yes," Izo flatly replied as she reaches into her inventory for her trusty, World Tree Scythe.

James sighs to himself and grabs the bestowed broadsword from his inventory. James is to busy turning towards the Sky Knights but had he glanced up at Izo he would have noticed her entire demeanor changed the moment the scythe was in her hand. A thing bloodthirst was released into the air as a chilly iciness aura surrounded her.

James shouts, "Sir Williams, please begin the countdown to start," as he turns back and readjusts his grip on his sword.

Sir Williams automatically says, "3, 2, 1, Start!"

James takes a step forward when he feels a breeze at his side barely giving him enough warning to bring up his blade. The force of the scythe shoves James back a step as a shrill screech is heard and sparks are caused by the ferocity of the clash.

Izo suddenly appears underneath his right side and smashes the scythe at his side. James rolls away to suddenly find the scythe thrown after her him just missing him by an inch as it smashes into the ground as he scrambles to his feet. Seeing an opening, James rushes to attack as Izo dashes forward and uses the pole of her scythe flip in the air and slam her feet into James.

James goes flying into the air as Izo pulls her scythe from the ground and rushes after him. James stabs his blade into the ground causing him to land and put his feet on the ground. Barely having time to parry the next blow, Izo uses the scythe to trip James on his back. In slow motion, James sees a chilling gaze in Izo's eyes a slight smirk can be seen on her face as the sharp scythe falls and smashes into his neck to remove his head cleanly off its perch.

The Sky Temple Knights let out a gasp unable to believe what they had just witnessed! Swallowing Hilde comments, "I don't think Miss Reed is just merely a lowly c-class ranker."

"No, she's something else," Sir Williams drily commented. The group returns their gazes to the enlightening battle as they wait in silence for their Captain to be revived.

Izo lets out a sigh as she takes a step back and an instant later, James Duke is on his knees breathing loudly in and out as he touches his intact neck. Rolling her eyes, Izo grumbles, "Don't be such a baby, I told you'd be fine, didn't I?"

James Duke accusingly roars, "You're no c-class ranker!"

Izo snorts, "Of course not, I just never got around to doing missions to increase my rank. Whatever made you think I was in the first place when I specifically told you to give it your all?"

James Duke is left mute for a moment before he narrows his eyes and says, "Exactly how strong are you?"

"No idea, thus the point of this exercise as my stats are all over the place. But given that I beat the hell out of you, I would think S-class at least," Izo mused out loud.

James narrows his eyes and says, "Let's go again."

Izo smiles and says, "That's exactly what I was thinking too."

Without waiting the two dashed at each other once more. In fact, the two would lose complete track of time until forcefully separated by the Sky Knights. After that, it became an unspoken agreement that the two of them would battle the rest of the week and next week. Which was fine by Izo as she was finally getting back into shape.