Chapter 20 - Grand Opening

The morning of the grand opening of Marchen Inc. Auction House was like any other morning. By dawn, the employees had arrived and were finishing putting up the finishing touches. However, had the employees taken the time to glance outside, they would have been shocked by the scene happening outside.

Exactly at 7:30 a.m. during rush hour, the drivers on the highway and students on their way to school gape with awe at the amazing sight in the sky of Emerald City. Groups of pretty fairy's dance in the sky and sprinkle flower petals onto the people below. Each flower glimmers magically with a few well-written words printed onto the flower petal itself, "Welcome to Marchen Inc.!"

The fairies danced their way throughout the city as businessmen on their way to work and early shoppers smile in awe and amazement. Before many knew it, they found themselves intrigued by the lavish presentation being created by Marchen Inc. Very few people could afford such a display and even less could afford to hire the exclusive service of the famous troop called, "Puck's Wings."

By 8 a.m. the news had spread throughout Emerald City as there not a single person unaware of the event. Those with influence and power in the city found themselves reviewing Marchen Inc.'s potential power. And as such more than quite a few were convinced by the show and found themselves searching for their invitations to the grand opening of Marchen Inc. Auction House. After all, it couldn't possibly hurt to take a closer look.

By 9 a.m. in the morning crowds of reporters are waiting eagerly at the door. Security only allows media members an early entrance into the lobby, whose newspapers or news networks had accepted Marchen Inc.'s invitations. Every other media member was refused at the front door with the candid response, "Please blame your Editor's for the situation. No other media groups shall be permitted inside," before firmly shutting the doors into the dismayed faces of the reporters.

While the news caster's crew sets up their cameras in the lobby and prepared themselves. The reporters for the papers take pictures with their cameras and marvel at the elegant lounge filled with expensive, original artworks and comfy chairs. Despite lacking any persons in line, the personnel of Marchen Inc. is already seated at their transaction and exchange posts. More than one media member suddenly finds themselves smitten with the most charming personnel of Marchen Inc. Auction House.

By 9:15 a.m. the regular and rather curious citizens of Emerald City line up and wait for the grand opening. The event of this morning had been an utter success that the line of civilians was already stretched around the block. Those in line gape at the magnificent building that gleams and rises into the sky.

By 9:30 the first of the guests begin to arrive and pull up to the front doors. The crowd and gapes in awe at the guests emerging from within. The media outside almost chokes with despair at seeing who was getting out of the car. It was the Patriarch and Matriarch of the Light and Shadows Elven Clan. It was almost impossible to gain ahold of them even the government had difficulty. It had been over 30 years since the leaders of this Elven Clan had been seen by the public!

The reporters curse their editors as the front doors part and Miss Reed in an elegant gray suit personally welcomes the couple inside. The couple graciously takes a seat on a couch as Miss Reed apologizes and says, "Sorry, but I cannot allow anyone to enter before 10 a.m."

Silver hair middle-aged with a pair of silver eyes and dashingly handsome elven features, the patriarch hides a smile and softly replies, "Well, you did pay for the nose for our appearance. I was shocked when you called me, but business is business. But I must admit I was even more stunned by the gracious gift, you presented in accompaniment of the payment. Just how did you get your hands on such a lovely healing potion recipe?"

"Now, now, Orion, I paid quite the tidy sum in exchange for your presence. For me to answer that same question, I would require payment which would entail free supplies for the next five years at least," Miss Reed retorted.

Patriarch Orion chokes as his twin sister, a beauty with dark hair and equally dark eyes Matriarch Titania calmly pats her twin on the back to ease his coughing fit. "You're a wily one. I can't manage what you exchanged, but it must have been something of great value to gain access to the list of the government's private suppliers. In retrospect, I understand, you made a daring, but wise move. Not only would this single move offer you flexibility and stability, but it would give you exactly what you wanted. And that is to have the backing of powers your enemies would never even dream of touching much less insulting. You're quite clever for a human, I'll give you that," Matriarch Titania remarked.

Miss Reed nods in acceptance of the accurate statement. "Excuse me, I have to see to the other guests," Miss Reed said as politely extracted herself out of the sticky situation. The two Elven twins watch Miss Reed go with interesting eyes and observe the guests arrive. Orion chokes again at spotting the new characters arriving as Titania once more pats her brother on the back.

By 9:40, the reporters were drooling and going mad at all the juicy news unable to decide to what to write or who to capture first. Excluding the Elven brother and sister duo, there were two other wonderful powerhouse individuals in attendance, Princess Aurora from the Isle of Women and the Dijin of Tabari.

Rumors had spread at lightning speed anyone who had an invitation to the event was rushing to attend. Even those who were seen as enemies decided it would be in their interests to personally attend the event. And with all the major players in attendance, the chess board was set and board pieces set up in such a way that they unknowingly were already in Check.