Chapter 25.2 - The Dungeon Ⅱ

In pajama's Izo finds herself once more in limbo to appear before the seated figure of Odin. The pink jelly hurls itself at Izo, as usual, causing Izo's ribs to painfully crack. Wheezing, Izo manages to sit down in the chair as the Pink Jelly happily purrs and says, "Mama."

Odin warily smiles at the scene as Izo asks, "I thought the both of you returned to the Godly Planes?"

"We have, but Gods are permitted to visit their chosen's dreams," Odin matter-of-factly declared.

Izo nods her head as Odin gravely says, "The gods have begun to gather their chosen champions and it is only a matter of time until the Champion Courts are open once more. We are here to give you ample warning to finish putting your mortal affairs in order as an envoy will soon be arriving on earth to bring you to the Godly planes."

"Why isn't the pink-," Izo coughs and hastily rephrases her words, "Why isn't Cthulhu bringing me directly to the Godly planes?"

"That was the plan, but we cannot afford to reveal that you are Cthulhu's chosen champion as of yet. There are many ways for our enemies to be rid of a chosen champion before their arrival to the Godly planes. And that is why an envoy from the god planes has been sent to collect you to ensure your arrival with the rest of the champions. We will hide you in plain sight among the rest of the champions for your own protection. And when your status as the champion of Cthulhu is revealed it will be too late for our enemies to act so openly once more. You almost died once by envoys of Chaos and we cannot allow that risk to occur again," Odin solemnly declared.

Odin pauses before carefully saying, "But even more importantly, the original God's of the faction have been hiding your status of a minor god as well from the rest of the gods. We cannot afford to allow our enemies to know of your secondary status as they can send minor gods to challenge you in the Soul Courts. You are still only a budding minor god that has yet to grow into her full power," Odin pointedly exclaimed.

Izo nods her head in understanding and says, "Yes, I understood very well, that the tallest tree in the forest is always the first to be cut down by the wind. However, I have one question, one that has been bothering me as of late."

Odin frowns and says, "What is it?"

"I found an apple of discord in Emerald City and I am familiar with the Greek myths of old. Therefore, my question is if the goddess of chaos, Eris personally choose an envoy from Emerald City and if so, could she have sensed my presence?" Izo pointedly inquired.

Odin narrows his eyes and says, "No, the binding spell that we placed on you would have protected you from passing god's eyes. But that does not mean that the goddess wouldn't be instinctively drawn to this world. For a god is still a god."

Cthulhu smuggles against Izo's chest in comfort as Odin quietly says, "But I can tell you, who her chosen envoy is."

"Oh?" Izo asked with interest.

Odin's eyes twinkle as he mischievously points upward to the two ravens perched above him, Huginn and Munnin. "Those two have always been my eyes and they have been keeping an eye on you for your protection. The chosen envoy to my surprise was a young woman named, Mary Sue. Which is rather strange as Eris typically chooses homicidal maniacs as her champions," Odin drily commented.

Izo's eyes widen at the revitalization as she disbelievingly asks, "Did you say, Mary Sue?"

"Yes, why?" Odin asked as he pauses and says, "You know the girl."

Izo uneasily replies back, "That girl is the natural heroine of this mortal world, charming the entire world at her fingertips. Mary Sue has strong premonitions and precognitions. I can only image that her abilities have grown and strengthened themselves now that she has become the champion of Eris."

Odin narrows his eyes as he leans back in his seat to ponder the startling discovery. "It would seem, that we have been led astray," Odin quietly stated.

"What has happened?" Izo curiously asked.

"That girl is quite the charmer and has made many friends on both sides of the factions. Luckily, our faction has kept our champions away from the godly planes, but if what you say is true, then that girl possesses an even greater threat," Odin flatly hissed.

Izo's eyes widen as she says, "Could a champion attract the eye of a God, such as a well-known philander such as Zeus?"

"It has happened before," Odin unhappily declared.

Izo's eyes narrow at the revelation as she cautiously says, "Then could Eris be aiming for a repeat of Paris and Troy? All it would take is for one god to be promised Mary Sue, and the rest of the factions and gods would be pulled into the likes of war the universe has never seen."

"Yes, that is a strong possibility," Odin quietly stated. "And that is exactly what I am afraid of. However, if that is the case, there are those on both sides who I am still on friendly terms with. I will subtly pass the word along so that they may remain vigilant."

Izo nods her head as she says, "On that note, I may have accidentally summoned a God's child as my subordinate."

Odin drily replies, "I know. We've already spoken to the parents of the wayward child and they understand exactly what transpired and know that the blame for the situation lays with their child. The parents only ask that while you are in the godly planes, that they may see and visit with their wayward child."

Izo sighs in relief and says, "I thought they were going to eat me once they found out."

"Oh, they were going to," Odin matter-of-factly stated causing Izo to pale.

Odin climbs to his feet and says, "We have already spoken to you more than we should have, we must be going now." The pink jelly rubs his little face affectionately against Izo's before bobbing away.

The scene turns grey as Izo returns to her body in a deep slumber. But come morning, Izo would be rather busy.