Chapter 20.2 - Grand Opening Ⅱ

The car is deadly silent as the four passengers arrive at the front door of Marchen Inc. Auction House. The time was 9:58 a.m. and in scare few minutes the Auction House would open. Mr. Nazari emerges first and aides Wistari out of the car, while Tassarion exits the other side with Mr. Moore. Mr. Moore expertly narrows his eyes at the crowd outside and lets out a sigh. They had vastly underestimated the cunningness of their rival. The incident of this morning had only served to prove that. But even more worrying, Solink had yet to report anything.

Mr. Moore nods at the media outside of the doors and leads the way inside. Mr. Moore stiffens at seeing all the front lobby filled with every individual of power in Emerald City. But what causes him to stiffen even more is upon spotting the four seated individuals: Patriarch Orion and Matriarch Titania of the Light and Shadows Elven Clan, Princess Aurora from the Isle of Women and lastly, the Dijin of Tabari.

Mr. Nazari lets out a low whistle as Wistari openly gapes and Tassarion's eyes bulge in disbelief. Before they can make their way over to that group the figure of Miss Reed is seen emerging from the elevator. The room goes silent as Miss Reed politely smiles and says, "Welcome to Marchen Inc. Auction House and thank you for joining us on opening day. All those with invitations have access to the 2nd floor and 3rd floor. Naturally, our facilities have a top of line restaurant on the 3rd floor and we invite all to enjoy a free meal on the house. Chef Julius Child has prepared a special menu for all of you to enjoy. We shall also be holding an auction in an hour within our auction hall on the 3rd floor. We invite for those that can to participate and for those that can't to simply enjoy the show."

Miss Reed calmly invites the four-person group to go up with her first. As soon as the elevators close, the group pushes forward to go up in the other five elevators. The elevator is packed to the brim as they go up to the 2nd floor. With the last of the invited guests going up the elevator the first of the lined-up civilians are permitted to enter in an orderly fashion. The civilians gawk at the elegance and wealth as the security at the elevator calmly explains, that all members without invitation are only permitted to enter the 2nd floor. The 3rd floor is currently restricted but shall be open to the public another day. The civilians are made to wait ten minutes in the lobby area giving those with invitation an opportunity to go up to the 3rd floor before the civilians are permitted inside.

*

Mr. Moore snorts unhappily, but nonetheless with relief emerges from the metal cattle cart with his three associates. The four frowned upon seeing the enormous showcase room on the second floor. The entire room was perfect giving a feeling of luxurious wealth. Hundreds of items were housed behind anti-theft magical glass on stands or against the walls in shelves. The rest of the items for sale such as potions or ingredients were stored in a storage room behind the checkout counters.

On the upper walls of the floor, large glass plasma screens flashed items for sale and showcased their price. Wistari immediately steps forward and halts before a small case at the very front of the room that housed three vials. The 1st vial is a clear glowing white liquid in a regular square vial. The 2nd vial is a heart-shaped vial and is filled with a glowing pink liquid. And the 3rd vial is in the shape of a round container and is filled with a glowing blue liquid.

Wistari lets out a breath as she reads the descriptions of the potions for sell below and their price. (High-Class Healing Potion, $150,000. Bellea, $100. Vamoose Swhirl, $100. To purchase please head to the front counter, thank you!) Her three associates join and let out low hisses of breath.

Mr. Nazari tentatively asks, "Are the descriptions stated for real? Are these potions really a healing potion, a beauty potion, and hair straightening potion?"

Wistari dully nods her head in disbelief. "Yes, the power emitted from them is real enough. And even uncertain as I am, I doubt the government would allow a government-affiliated auction house to sell potions that aren't true to their word," Wistari faintly replied.

Mr. Moore eyes the potions with an understanding that game had completely changed from underneath them. Many would scoff at the cheap price, but that was exactly the con. If they did exactly what they said, the amount of money that Marchen Inc. would rake in would be unimaginable.

The group moves on and with cold hearts of relief finding rare advertised potions for sale at their regular prices. Finished studying the room, the group goes up just as the civilians are allowed into the showroom. And as soon as the potions Bellea and Vamoose Swhirl were spotted the masses of men and woman dived for the counter. No one wanted to find out the potions were sold out when they had a rare chance to impress friends, family, and lovers.

The four associates into a large open area. On their left is an exquisitely decorated restaurant with the most delicious of smells being emitted from the diner's food at the table as the diners gaze out the glass windows at the view below. However, to their right is a large golden door that is wide open to allow a glimpse into the lavish red carpeted auction house inside.

Mr. Nazari licks his lips as he eyes the restaurant with open interest. Mr. Moore coldly says, "Not now. We must gain a proper seat in the auction hall. You can eat afterward." Mr. Nazari visibly wilts at Mr. Moore's words but does as he is told and follows.

The four associates glance into the theatre type hall that has rich red cushioned seats on the ground floor with private balcony seating available for privacy or VIP's. One of the balconies is occupied, no doubt with the four VIP's. The four associates take a seat in the middle and wait as the auction hall swiftly fills up. Soon, the auction would begin, and everything would be finally revealed.