Chapter 26.2 - The Venture Ⅱ

The four-person adventurer party smiles happily as they reach the 9th floor. Their target for the dungeon was the Bat King and the item it would drop upon being slain. Miles, the brave handsome knight smiles at his three beautiful companions, the large chested female mage, Clara, the golden-haired ranger, Miriam, and the red-head rogue, Tiffany. The three women in turn smile back at Miles as each of the present women had unspoken feelings towards him.

"We can do this!" Tiffany exclaimed as Miriam silently nods her head quietly in agreement, while dark-haired Clara just remains simply smiling at Tiffany's enthusiasm.

Miles leads them into the next floor but comes to a halt in shock. The hair still smelled of battle as mana traces could be felt. Half of the mountain had simply been blown apart with layers of molten lava still cooling on the dungeon floor. "What's wrong?" Asked Clara worriedly from behind.

Miles takes a step forward so that his party members can to see the view. Miriam let's out a soft whistle of appreciation while Tiffany gapes and says, "What, how? We didn't see anyone pass us by?!"

Miles frowns and says, "It could have been a solo adventurer which would make sense. But let's continue forward and see if we can't gain something good from the next dungeon level." The women nod their heads in agreement as Miles carefully leads the way to the next dungeon level door on the side of the dungeon floor.

Miles and the three women once more receive another shock to find the 10th dungeon level filled with Fire Bird monsters turned into an icy wasteland. It was the same with the 11th floor filled with poisonous insects and so forth. Despite the danger, Miles was furious and wanted an apology from the adventurer or adventurer's responsible for their item loss.

With wariness, the group arrived on the 15th dungeon floor the final floor. Miles carefully peeks through the doorway as they see a fox masked figure fighting a crystal dragon.

The crystal dragon roars and releases a spray of ice like magic turning the landscape into frozen crystals. The masked figure chants something and unleashes a read beam that cut through the crystal dragon. The crystal dragon with a loud thump is turned into pieces and falls to the ground dead. The corpse immediately vaporizes leaving behind the dropped items.

With ease, the fox masked figure collects the dropped items as the items magically disappear. Without fear, Miles trots out and says, "Hey, you! You stole our item!"

The three women rush forward too late to stop Miles as the Fox masked figure to their surprise says, "Fine, which item is it?"

Miles and the three women blink in surprise at the stranger's words. "It's a bat cloak," Clara nervously replied.

The fox masked figure removes a black coat and says, "Are you willing to trade or pay for it?"

Miles opens his mouth to argue when Tiffany puts her hands on her hip to glare at him. Miriam also silently stares at Miles in disapproval as Miles relents at their gazes. Clara excitedly says, "I have rare dropped jewels and some gold to trade."

The fox masked figure is silent in deep contemplation. "Fine," the figure retorted and walks over to Clara with the cloak in hand.

Clara reaches into her pouch at the side of her waist and pulls out said items. The two exchange items as Clara happily puts on the black cloak that will drastically boost her magic and grant her stealth abilities to hide from monsters.

The masked figure turns around when Tiffany says, "Hey, you're pretty strong. Do you want to join our party?" Miles frowns at the sudden request but smirks to himself knowing that the solo adventurer would never join their group.

The fox masked figure suddenly stops and says, "Why I would be delighted too. But which dungeons are we hitting and how are the drops being shared?"

The group blinks in surprise they didn't think an adventurer who could Solo a dungeon would agree to such a request. Miles unhappily says, "It will be 50/50 given your abilities."

"Sounds good," the fox masked figure remarked. "So where to next?"

"We did want to hit Atlantis an S-Class dungeon. You wouldn't mind, would you?" Clara asked.

"Not really, but since Miles is the party leader, he'll have to pay my fare," the fox masked figure solemnly replied.

"Not a problem," Clara happily exclaimed.

Miriam nods her head as Tiffany happily puffs out her chest and says, "It was all my idea."

Miles hides his annoyance at having another male around his ladies, but he hides his annoyance. "No, we should be thanking you," Miles said with a smile earning soft gazes from the three women.

The fox masked figure smirks behind her mask as Miles charmingly leads the way out of the dungeon and back to the teleportation ring. Because after all, what could possibly go wrong?