Chapter 6 - Registration

Early the next morning in front of the Adventure's Guild branch stands a tall slender woman in combat boots, jeans, and a dark zipped up hoodie that reads, "Normal People Scare Me." Izo taps her boots against the marble footsteps crossly, before grudgingly moving to climb up the stairs. She grumbles about architects lacking common sense as she labors up the steps to reach the entrance.

Rather irritated, Izo waltzes into the elegant reception area. A large breasted receptionist wearing a slim fitting uniform stands behind a counter desk and smile's politely at the hooded figure. The receptionist name tag reads, Miss Carpenter. "Hello and Welcome to the Adventure's Guild, how may I help you this fine morning?" The busty receptionist asked the slim, tall figure.

"I would like to register with the organization," a woman's voice calmly replied.

Miss Carpenter automatically answers, "A form of identification must be presented upon registration and a non-returnable $100 fee is to be paid upfront. I will need you to fill out guild registration form before we can progress to testing your rank."

The tall, slim woman hands over a driver's license and a folded $100-dollar bill. Miss Carpenter swiftly takes both items and hands over a clipboard with the forms needed to be filled out. She also points to a chair for the hooded woman to have a seat and fill out her paperwork.

Miss Carpenter swiftly processes the payment and fills out a preliminary record with the information on the driver's license. Miss Carpenter furrows her forehead as she dubiously studies the arrogant face displayed on the license of Izo Reed. It was no wonder the woman hadn't removed her hood. With some pity, Miss Carpenter says, "I'm all done. Miss Reed, are you finished filling out the rest of the forms?"

The hooded figure of Miss Reed stands up and hands the receptionist the completed paperwork. Miss Carpenter happily accepts the clipboard and hands the license back to Miss Reed. Miss Carpenter turns to her side and hands the information filled out on the clipboard over to another receptionist to enter into their computer system. With a smile, she motions for the hooded woman to follow her over to a secure door.

Miss Carpenter holds out a magic key card and types in a code into the door keypad before the door swings open. She leads the hooded woman further into the hallway to a door on the left. They enter a large dim white room with a single green light shining overhead.

Miss Carpenter stops at the door entrance as Miss Reed enters the room. From behind her, Miss Carpenter says, "When the light turns red, a monster will be released for you to fight. Depending on your speed at destroying the creature, the highest class that can be awarded is class C. However, should you feel yourself in danger, please raise your hand and the test will immediately end."

Miss Carpenter firmly steps out of the room as the door shuts pointedly behind her and waits patiently in the hallway. Izo twists her neck and begins to stretch her limbs. A minute later, the green light disappears as a red-light blink several times, before the lights blink on.

A snarling low-class black wolf monster emerges from an opening in the floor. The opening closes as the black wolf hurls itself towards the two-legged animal, but halts in mid-leap. The two-legged animal doesn't smell like food but like death. The snarling wolf whimpers and curls up onto his belly showing his submission.

Izo is a bit perplexed by the wolf's actions but wasn't about to complain. She walks back to the door and knocks rather loudly. "Excuse me, but the test is done," she said rather loudly.

The receptionist hurriedly opens the door and steps in inside. In disbelief, Miss Carpenter sees a black wolf monster on the floor showing his soft underbelly. Snapping her gaping mouth shut, she swiftly taps a button on the side of the wall as the wolf creature drops back down through the floor.