Chapter 5 - Collision

Little over a year later, the slumbering figure of a tall, slender pale girl is seen sleeping on the black leather couch. One of her legs hangs over of the edge of the couch revealing socks with skulls on them and a strip of boxers that have printed miniature golden cat-like figures with a bolt-like tail on them.

"Miss, it's time you got up," the graying older woman named, Dolores firmly yelled as she removes the blankets off the slumbering figure.

The sleeping figure turns around to reveal a logo on the black tee reading, "There is magic in the air and it's called WIFI!" Izo sleepily murmurs, "What time is it?"

"It's almost noon," Dolores snapped back.

Izo groans and covers her head with her pillow. The pillow is forcibly yanked as her nose crashes painfully into the couch headrest. Izo lets out a pained grunt as she rolls to her side, before climbing to her feet.

"No more nonsense, Miss. You haven't left the house in three months other than for your bi-weekly sessions with Doctor Anderson. Some fresh air will do you good, Miss," Dolores firmly growled as she folds the blankets and begins to clean the living room.

Izo grumbles, "I've gone out a couple of times, I think that's more than okay. Besides I went shopping on all those previous outings. And I will have you know, I do socialize as I spend plenty of quality time with my friends."

"Miss, you only went out to buy your games and comics. After that, you've been ordering them online and having them delivered to the front door. As for your so-called friends, they're all virtual. In fact, most of them are middle schoolers to be precise. I do not consider them adequate friends for a woman your age. I would prefer to not have to call, Doctor Anderson or Doctor Wang," Dolores threatened.

Izo yawns and heads towards the shower. She acknowledges that she's been lazing about, but it's the first vacation she's had in ten long years. It had been long overdue.

After being released from the hospital having faked her way through therapy, the doctors suggested she live separately from Mr. and Mrs. Lee in a guarded complex. Mr. and Mrs. Lee resultantly agreed and paid for a condo.

Izo would have settled for something smaller and less grandiose, but she couldn't very well say, no. The parents of the original Izo were disturbed by the change in Izo. The only reason they had not denounced Izo as an imposter was because of the DM test and the medical doctors stating, it was perfectly normal for a personality to drastically change under such dramatic circumstances. It may have come as a relief to Mr. and Mrs. Lee when the subtle suggestion was made that Izo their daughter remain dead.

Following that logic, Mr. and Mrs. Lee had officially declared their daughter, Izo Lee dead and mourned her publicly. Izo was given a new identity though she was permitted to retain her first name, she was now Izo Reed. To maintain plausible deniability, a trust fund had been established in her name and would be sufficient to see to her needs until the day she died.

Plus, the police recommended the solution, as well as word, had yet to go out which of the students had been found alive. Currently, at present all the students of Classroom 13 are officially declared dead. To protect Izo's identity and fragile psyche, all files proving her existence have been destroyed or discarded. In the case, Izo's identity should be discovered, the police will claim that such information is an utterly false statement that the present Izo is merely an individual who unfortunately shares a similar appearance with the dead Izo Lee.

Dolores, a maid of the family was assigned to clean and care for Izo. Izo didn't mind as she could spend most of her time reading comic books or playing video games. The games in this world had excellent graphics. But Dolores was right, it had been months since she had done anything outside. She needed to go out and do something.