* Chapter 29 - Inquiry

Sometime later, Izo lazily yawns as Fria shakes her head and squeals with delight, "Isn't it just romantic?"

"What is?" Izo sleepily asked.

"The romantic tale of two opposing faction gods running away together for love," Frida happily chimed.

"Oh, you mean, Athena and Anubis?"

"Of course, who else eloped recently?"

Izo shrugs and says, "I don't know as I don't always read the gossip column, I couldn't be sure."

Frida ignores Izo's comment as she happily cheers for the eloping couple and Izo suddenly bolts at spotting Odin. Frida only blinks into confusion at seeing Izo dragging Odin into an empty room. Frida turns pale and says, "Izo couldn't possibly into older men, could she?"

Odin blinks in surprise and says, "Slow down, girl! These old bones of mine aren't what they used to be!"

Izo merely locks the door in emphasis and points at Odin to take a seat. Odin swiftly does so, detecting something off about Izo. "Don't laugh," Izo seriously said.

"I won't," Odin replied with surprise.

"Lately, I have been having a weird feeling about Leo," Izo said and motions to Odin to remain silent with one hand. "Frida and the other's say, I have a crush on them or that I like him, but that's not it. I know what that love and like feel like and this isn't that! So, I want to ask, you. Is it possible that Leo is Alvin?"

Odin sighs and leans back in his chair. "I didn't think you would figure it out, but I guess your instincts are quite something else. But yes, Leo is the reincarnated previously deceased Alvin. However, as promised, those that were forcefully summoned did not retain their memories of that past life and were given a clean slate," Odin replied.

Izo slumps down in relief and says, "I thought he felt so familiar and I even thought I was even going crazy. It's a relief to know that I'm not."

"I think that is rather redundant at this point given that you are the Minor Goddess of Lunacy," Odin wickedly retorted.

Izo glares at Odin and says, "Says, you. But you're the one-eyed old man who talks to two crows, who's the crazy one now?"

"Touché," Odin replied.

"Then are there others?" Izo curiously asked.

"Who?" Odin feigned to not understand.

Izo rolls her eyes and instead says, "Fine, then, don't answer. But I have been curious for a while and now that you've confirmed my suspicions, I want to confirm them. Is Mary Sue, Ryo?"

Odin sighs and says, "Yes."

Izo's eyes begin to glow manically as a dark murderous aura begins to seep from around Izo's body. Suddenly the area around the tree house begins to rumble as Odin roars, "Control yourself, IZO REED!"

Like a lightbulb being turned off, everything suddenly ceases to shake as the violent aura instantly vanishes and the maddened gleam vanishes from Izo's eyes. Unable to trust herself to speak for the moment, Izo remains silent as Odin says, "This is exactly why we are forbidden to reveal mortals past lives."

"That bastard or should I say that b*tch!" Izo hissed. "I should have known something was fishy from the start. That nasty character of them is still the same no matter what gender they are."

Odin frowns and says, "Don't let revenge cloud your eyes Izo or else you will lose more than you can possibly imagine this time."

"I won't, but I sure as hell am going to kill that bastard now," Izo vehemently said.

A cautious knock at the door is heard as Odin answers, "Come in."

The door is cautiously opened to see the figure of Fria suspiciously eying them both. "I was told to come and get you as the gods have arrived for the meeting," Fria pointedly said as she eyed them both. Even with her keen eye, Fria failed to spot wrinkled clothing or flushed indications of another type of activity.

"Thank you, Fria," Odin said as he climbed onto his feet. "We will continue this another time," Odin said over his shoulder, before walking away.

Frida eyes Izo and says, "What was that all about?"

"What was what?" Izo innocently said.

"You know, dragging Odin into the room!" Fria excitedly asked.

"Oh, I just had a question, but Odin already answered it," Izo truthfully replied.

"Then what was all that shaking?" Fria lecherously said.

"I just lost my temper," Izo sighed in reply.

Fria eyes Izo suspiciously clearing not believing a single thing that she said. "Hmph, fine don't tell me," Fria crossly said. "Now hurry up, we have training next." Izo lets out a groan but does as she is told. After all, Izo was at fault.