Chapter 25.3 - The Dungeon Ⅲ

James Duke unhappily leaves the apartment of his beloved wife, Jane Katz, now Jane Duke. James hadn't missed the sneakiness of Izo Reed's actions yesterday. Though pleased that he was married, James knew that the employment offer had been made to tie Jane's loyalty to Izo Reed. And now, Jane would vehemently stand on Izo Reed's side and remind him as she did this morning to go and do his job.

James with a sigh opens the system screen has described by his new employer, Izo Reed. It was rather amazing and baffling to him that God's truly existed. Although, an added bonus was that he now had an inventory function and wouldn't need to carry supplies in heavy bag packs. Everything could be easily stored in his inventory.

James presses the temple icon as instructed and finds himself directly inside the temple. An inbox message from the system had stated that the dungeon/temple core had leveled up. The system pointedly requested that the Captain of the Knights add five more knights to the temple on the 8th dungeon level lest the Captain of the Knights suffers any backlash.

James sighs as the brownie Bishop greets him and says, "Greetings Captain James, how fares thy day?"

"I'm fine, thank you for asking," James politely replied back. The brownie bishop nods her head in satisfaction, before heading on her way. James Duke sighs privately to himself, where was he going to find 5 knights for the temple?

*

The Sky Knights order had become rather fragmented since the revelation of the 2nd-floor golem. The order was now filled with unspoken tension and hurt feelings as various members were at odds with each other. At the rapid rate the situation was deteriorating, the Sky Knight's order would break apart.

On orders from their patron, the Sky Knights were ordered to return to the cursed dungeon, but this time around to pass through as single adventurers or as duos. Naturally, this came as a vast relief to everyone, but everyone was filled with bitter feelings. If only they had done so the first time, they wouldn't have had to suffer through hell.

Regardless of their personal emotions and current precarious state of the group, the Sky Knights returned to the dungeon. Sir Williams the leader naturally went alone as most of the group paired off into two. The weakest members of the Sky Knight's order paired up into two groups, one group is made up of four members and the other group the remaining five members.

The Sky Knight's order managed to safely pass past the dreaded dungeon golem in 2nd floor without too much emotional or mental trauma. Though the golem did have a newly added ability, one's secrets were now carefully recorded and sold to a specialty shop on the 8th floor. Adventurers could buy their personal recording and naturally destroy it or else it would automatically be posted online after a 72-hour window period. Naturally, every adventurer complied and purchased their recording to destroy.

Upon the arrival of the Sky Knights on the 8th floor, they were shocked by the changes on the 8th floor. Other than massive housing options including luxury options, there was a brothel, a new hot spring, and several other new services available. Sir William's, in particular, avoided staring at the brothel as the woman of his group automatically stared at them.

Sir William's quickly leads his party to the temple to purchases pendants, before heading up to the next floor.

*

James Duke suddenly receives a notification from the system.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A suitable organization has been found to fulfill current and most future requirements, the Sky Knights Order.

New Mission: Please recruit the Sky Knights Order as Knights for Cthulhu thy god!

Warning: Should the Captain of the Knights fail; thy God will not be pleased. [For the host's s continued survival and for the sake of his emotional and mental well-being, it is strongly recommended that the Captain of the Knights not fail in his current task.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James tries to not choke and diligently dismisses the message. With a sigh, James waits inside the temple as the Sky Knights order appears in his view.

Sir Williams blinks in surprise at spotting a famous S-class adventurer, James Duke. The rest of the Sky Knights also blink in surprise as James walks purposefully with a smile. The female knights suddenly adjust their armor and hair, while the male members of the group proudly puff out their chests and try to look manly.

James Duke comes to a halt before them and says, "It's nice to see you again, Sir Williams, it's been a while hasn't it?"

"Yes, it has James," Sir Williams happily said, pleased that James Duke still remembered him.

"I was wondering but would you like to join the Knights order of Cthulhu?" James quietly asked.

Sir Williams frowns and says, "I've never heard of it that order."

"Oh, it's just an unofficial order, but you'll gain plenty of benefits for doing so. It's really only a part-time gig that pays in gold coins," James truthfully stated for the most part.

Sir Williams frowns slightly as the Sky Knight's members perk up at the suggestion. Sir Williams and his knights whisper in argument, but after a while, think it's a good idea if they will associate with a man of James Duke's caliber.

After some time, Sir Williams turns and says, "We would be honored to join Cthulhu's order."

James Duke let's out a sigh of relief as Sir Williams and including the rest of the Knight's choke as a blue pop system screen appears before them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations, you've become a life-long knight of the temple of Cthulhu thy God!

As knights of Cthulhu, ye have been with a Godly Blessing:

Reformation: Limited use. [Will only systematically trigger if damage exceeds 55%.]

*

New Knight items have been automatically bestowed and equipped.

[Please note, items can be removed and put into the inventory for storage.]

Armor of Cthulhu (Rare)

Armor made by Cthulhu thy God for his Knights.

Strength B, Dexterity B, Resistance B, Magic Power C, &Vitality A

Passive Skills:

Rebound – there is a 25% of the enemy attack rebounding back onto the enemy.

*

Please note: That the Captain of the Knights, James Duke will assign all new ranks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing the blank faces of the Sky Knight's order, James sighs and says, "Look, we'll have a long conversation about this at the inn. We might as well enjoy ourselves while we do."

The Sky Knights order in their dazzling violet, black armor follow James out of the temple into a nearby inn. Though the Sky Knight's received plenty of stares not as much as James Duke. Because everyone knew James Duke, which was a bad thing for him, but not for Cthulhu's temple's reputation. In fact, popularity would soar in the following days as converting to Cthulhu was the new thing to do and the place to be.