Chapter 19.2 - Tour

All the new hires were expectantly waiting outside of the auction house. Today was the first day of work for them. The new hires had three days to make themselves familiar with the systems and floors. The only exceptions were management and security trained, who had been given a tour and started training since yesterday. And that of the cooking personnel who were let into the building very early that same morning.

Management (supervisors or department heads), was already waiting inside to sort the new personnel and assign them to their positions. Chefs and all cooking personnel were finishing prepping the food to be served at the feast in celebration of their hiring. (Unfortunately, the cooking staff would not be participating as they were cooking. But the owner had hired out a nearby restaurant for the evening so that the cooking department could join in the celebration.) The security was already prepped and ready with some very cheerful heroes who were finally fully employed including great benefits such as an excellent insurance plan capable of covering newbie heroes' injuries.

The hires gape at the magnificent building that gleams and rises into the sky. The gleaming wooden carved doors swing open as the workers flow into the building. The employees gasp at the large elegant lounge that includes expensive artwork to comfy chairs. Elegant desks and transaction posts are positioned carefully to create breathable space.

A sharply dressed male vampire and a petite woman with goat horns stand before them. The vampire claps his hands gathering the employee's attention. With a nod of thanks, the petite woman moves forward. "Welcome everyone to the Marchen Auction House. I am Miss Flora the guild manager and this is Mr. Vladimir, our current talent manager and my second in command. Should you have any questions in the future either direct them to us or the Human Resources department head, Mr. Slade. Now then, Mrs. Outlander, please raise your hand," Miss Flora firmly said. From behind Miss Flora, there is a group of lined individuals representing the head of departments. A motherly middle-aged woman wearing a short sleeve white blouse. However, from her waist down is a well brushed, chocolate colored mare's body. A pretty black skirt circles her waist covering her lower body to her knees. The only exception is a small button-sized hold for her tail to emerge from.

Mrs. Outlander smiles genuinely at the employees. "Not to worry dearies, should you have any questions I'll be able to tackle them. And should things become to riled up, I can also manage that as well," Mrs. Outlander firmly said as her four legs shuffled pointedly clicking against the floor. The employees eye the neatly polished, but sharp hooves that could easily trample anyone to death. The employees rather quietly nod and vow to not anger Human Resources. Because in this case, HR could literally trample one to death.

"Now then, as you are aware Marchen Auction House is in association and directly affiliated with Marchen Inc. Before we begin our tour and separate into groups. Everyone, please present your badges to be checked by our two heads of security, Mr. McLoughlin, and Mr. Smith." Mr. McLoughlin, a short grim looking leprechaun takes a step forward with Mr. Smith, a pleasant looking man who also happened to be a retired villain of a certain C-class rank.

The duo takes out two scanners that detect shapeshifting or identify forgeries. Swiftly everyone is checked and with relief, everyone's identity turns out to be true. Miss Flora glances down at her list and says, "Thank you, everyone, for your cooperation. Now then, tech employees please head over to Mrs. Lyzee, our I.T. department head," Miss Flora pointed to a curly-haired gremlin. The blue-skinned female gremlin marches away without even waiting for the new employees. Tech employees hastily rush after her making the group smaller.

"Finance department, head over to Miss Kora, the lovely bunny eared women," Miss Flora said pointing to a medium sized woman with cute fluffy brown ears and tail matching her human hair.