chapter 20

“Go ahead Louis. Explain please. You have my undivided attention right now.” I say to him. “Well…erm… I have no ide -idea where to start.” he studders. I just sit there looking at him, “Any place you want. I’m all ears.” I say. “I love you Brianna.” he says suddenly, looking me directly in the eyes.

I was stunned. I have no idea how to even respond to that. “You -you what?” I ask. “I love you. I have for some time now.” he says nodding slightly. “But. Harry.” is all that I can say. “I knew that I loved you before he even thought about it Brianna. I was always just too scared to tell you.” he says playing with his fingers in his lap. “And now that… well now that you are having his kid you can see why i am upset.” he tells me. I just nod, not knowing what to say. I’m having my best friend’s baby, and his best friend just told me he loves me, what the fuck am I suppose to do?

I was beyond confused and frustrated. “I’m sorry Brianna.” Louis says to me. “For what? You have nothing to be sorry for. I’m sorry that I couldn’t see before that you liked me, Lou.” I say looking at him. He moves from his couch to mine. “I’m making your life hell because I told you I love you when you clearly love Harry.” he says to me. I take his hands in mine. “Louis, if you would have told me before everything happen with Harry three months ago it would have made this way easier.” I say.

“I know. I want to slap myself upside the head now for not telling you. One of the biggest mistakes that I’ve ever made.” he says with a slight smile. “Don’t say that! There is an amazing girl out there who deserves your love more than I do. I don’t deserve a great guy like you. Personally, I believe that I don’t deserve to have you or Harry as my friends. You will meet one girl that you are going to fall ass over tea kettle, crazy in love with LouLou. And she’s gonna be ass over tea kettle in love with you too.” i say smiling at him.

“I’m looking at the girl who i’m ass over tea kettle, crazy in love with right now.” he says with a sad smile. He begins to hum the familiar tune to ‘Accidentally in Love’ and frankly, that song fit what what happening to a key point.He was accidentally in love with me, and there was nothing that I could even do about it. I mean, I love Louis with all my heart, but not the way that he wanted me to love him. Or did I?