chapter 31

It’s been a little over three weeks since Darcy was born. Today is the day that Harry and I finally get to take her home.

The boys stop over at our flat before we head to the hospital. “Hello mates!” Louis says walking in with the rest of the boys in tow. “Hello boys.” I say putting the rest of the baby stuff we got away in the kitchen. Each boy had another something in their arms for Darcy. Zayn had a stuffed fuzzy kitty, while Liam had a turtle with teething rings on it, Niall produced a Hello Kitty who was dressed to be Irish and Louis thrusted a stuffed carrot into my arms. “She gets mine first!” Louis tells me with a grin. I nod putting it by the things we were taking to the hospital to get her.

Harry comes walking down the stairs towing the carseat with him. “I erm.. may need help.” he says trying to get the carseat situated in his arms. “I’ll help him with it.” Louis says taking the load from his arms and heading out to the car with it. Harry follows after him.

“So how is she?” Zayn asks taking a seat at the island in the middle of the kitchen. “She is doing a lot better.” I say confidently. “Can we see her today when you guys get home?” Niall asks hopefully. “Err.. I don’t know yet Niall. I promise you will get to meet her in person soon though.” I say. I don’t know how well Darcy would react with going to a new place and then instantly be surrounded by new people. The boys nod. I look around the room for Liam, but he is no where to be seen. Must have went outside with the other two.

“But you can see a picture.” I say taking my phone out of my pocket. Zayn stands up from where he was sitting walking over to me to see the picture, Niall kept trying to peer at the phone before the picture was even up. I show the two a picture of Harry and Darcy together when Harry was singing to her the other day when we went to visit.

“She looks so much like you both.” Niall gasps. “She’s precious.” Zayn adds. The other three boys burst through the door as I begin to put my phone away. “HEY HEY! Did you just show them pictures before me?!” Louis says. He walks over reaching to grab my phone.

Taking it, he looks at my home screen seeing Harry and Darcy together. “She shall be my new partner in crime.” Louis says with a nod.  I look to Harry and see him smirking. Of course those two would agree. Louis shifts the phone to show Liam baby Darcy.He smiles at the sight of her. “She looks just like you Bri.” He tells me with a warm smile.

*

“Ready to take your daughter home?” the nurse that we have been seeing just about everyday asks. “Most defiantly!” Harry and I both reply at the same time. She has us fill out more paperwork, then leads us to a room where the doctor is doing one last check over on Darcy. “She looks as healthy as can be!” She says with a smile. “All set and ready to be taken home.” She says with a nod to the nurse.

The nurse helps bundle her up in clothes to stay warm. Then helps us strap her into the baby carseat just right, putting her baby blanket over the whole carseat so she will stay warm. Laying right beside her was the stuffed carrot that Louis had given her. She was already sleeping by the time we made it to the front doors of the hospital.

I decide to sit in the back with Darcy on the way home to make sure she was okay. Harry kept glancing the in rearview mirror to make sure everything was going okay with both of us. The whole way to the flat Darcy did make a peep.

*

“The boys really wants to see her.” Harry says to me the next night while we were laying in bed. Darcy was sleeping in between us so peacefully. “How about they come over tomorrow and meet her then?” I suggest. “They would love that.” Harry says. “Text them in the morning. It’s bedtime for all three of us now.” I tell Harry taking his phone from his hand and placing it on the nightstand beside me.

He leans over kissing Darcy’s little head, then reaches up and kisses me. “I love you both.” He whispers. “Love you too Hazz.” I say kissing his forehead. Slowly I begin to hear his light snoring begin, I then know I can drift off to sleep now too.