chapter 30

Louis was always the one who didn’t have a plan. And for sure didn’t have a plan right now so I knew he was gonna wing it like normal. “Miss?” he asks one of the nurses. “Yes?” she says taking him in. I knew she found him attractive. Who didn’t? he was a nice looking 20 year old male, even I, being a male found him attractive. He begins to ask her random questions about blood of all things. I notice her going into a deep conversation with him about hemoglobin. Slowly his hand reaches up, touching my thigh, then he pushes me away. This must be his plan, to get Bri’s nurse distracted while I go into her room.

I slowly begin to walk away heading for her room. I slip through the door without anyone seeing me, walking over to her bed. Bri peeks up at me from under her brown curls that were still wet with sweat. “Why’d you leave?” she asks quietly. “I didn’t want to. They forced me out.” I say taking her hand in mine. She nods. “Where’s Darcy?” she asks looking around. “Is that what you want to name her?” I ask smiling. She knew how much I wanted our baby girl to be named Darcy. Again she nods to me. “They have to keep her away for a while until her lungs are fully developed. She was a month too early.” I say to Bri, rubbing my thumb in the duvets of her hands.

She leans closer to me. I lean in kissing her lips lightly. “Is she okay?” She asks pulling back. “The doctor said she was perfectly healthy besides her lungs.” I reply. “She’s as beautiful as the woman who gave birth to her.” I say aloud smiling widely. Brianna looks at me smiling beautifully. “From what I can remember before they took her away was that she had your cheeky grin and my light brown hair.” Bri says. I nod. “She looks just like you with a bit of me playing across her genes.”

“I can’t wait to see her.” Bri says aloud. “I can’t wait for you to see her.” I say grinning. Before Brianna can speak again her nurse walks in. Stopping dead in her tracks when she sees me. “You aren’t suppose to be in here.” she says a bit angry. “I want him in here.” Brianna says sternly. The nurse shakes her head but doesn’t bother to try to kick me out.

*

——Brianna’s POV——-

I got out of the hospital about 2 weeks ago. I was still feeling sore today, and most likely would be for a few more weeks the doctor told me. Harry and I were going to visit our daughter right now in the hospital. She has to stay in the hospital for about 2 and a half more weeks for her lungs to fully develop. Today is going to be the first day that we actually get to hold her.

*

We go down the list of baby beds until we find her. Darcy Mae Styles. She was getting bigger, now almost looking like a newborn would if they weren’t premature like her. The doctors said she was doing great for being a month early. Now our little love bump is 17 days old and growing like a weed. I look to Harry and see him smiling like a madman. He loved her so much, his little Darcy.

“Which one is yours?” a girl around 15 asks me. I point to Darcy smiling. “Her.” i tell the girl. “She sure is pretty.” the girl tells me with a warm smile. Her hands were resting on the little bump of her stomach, just like mine did while I was pregnant. “How far along are you?” I ask. “4 months.” she says rubbing her belly.

“Did you wanna hold her?” a nurse asks us coming out of the room the babies were in. I look to Harry, he looks at me. We nod, of course we did! We haven’t ever got to hold our own baby yet. The nurse holds the door open, letting us in and leaving the younger girl out. She walks us over to where Darcy lays. Gently she picks her up from the bed. “Who wants to go first?” she asks. “Go ahead love.” Harry says with a smile.

I hold my arms out waiting for Darcy to be placed in my arms. The nurse lays her in my arms slowly, positioning her just right. Her little body stirs just a bit. Slowly her eyes open, peering up at me with beautiful jade eyes like her father’s. She looks at me quizzically, not knowing what to do. Harry slowly places his arm around my waist, pulling Darcy and I to him for a hug.

He pulls away, looking down at our beautiful baby girl. “You wanna hold her?” I ask him quietly. He nods holding his arms out to take her. I slowly place her in his arms like the nurse did with mine. She whimpers a little as I shift her from arm to arm. Harry takes her and slowly beings to hum to calm her down. I stand there watching the man i love sing to my daughter. It was the most beautiful thing in the world.