chapter 35

I finish packing mine and Darcy’s bags for Anne’s house. Then I head over to my mum’s to get her. “Hey mum. How was she?” I ask walking through the front door. Darcy squeals with delight as I walk into the kitchen. “Hey baby girl!” I say giving her a kiss on the forehead.

“She was great! Slept through the night even.” Mum says mixing up a batch of cookies. “That’s great!” I say stealing a bit of raw cookie dough. “Mmmm.” I say as the cookie dough plays on my tongue.

I sit near Darcy quietly for a bit. “something wrong dear?” My mum asks looking up from the cookies. “Just got a lot on my mind right now.” I say feeding Darcy a bite of cereal. “What’s on your mind dear?” She says taking a seat beside me.

“Well erm, Louis stopped by yesterday after I dropped Darcy off and he told me some interesting information about Harry.” I begin. She nods “Go on.” “Well he told me that Harry has been with a few girls during the tour while we are together.” I say to her.

“Have you talked to Harry about it?” She asks. “Im going to talk to him while we are in Holmes Chapel this weekend. I didn’t think it would be right to question him over phone or facetime last night.” I reply. “Well you are right there. How about you talk to him and find out what is going on.” She suggests. “Then if he is, you will have to decide what you want to do from there. Remember, to think of Darcy when making that choice.” She says to me pulling me in for a warm hug.

*

I haul Darcy to the car. She was screaming and bawling wanting to stay, but I couldn’t leave her here with him. “Brianna, wait! Let me explain!” he yells after me as I ran out of the house with her. The tears came hard now, I didn’t bother to wipe them away. I just didn’t give a shit anymore, let him see me break down and cry.

I close Darcy’s door and walk to my side ignoring him. Harry grabs my arm making me spin towards him. “Will you just listen to me for once?!” He spats in my face. “I’m done trying to listen Harry! I’m done with your fucking shit. You promised! Not for me, but for her!” I yell at him, pointing to our crying daughter in the car.

“BriBri just give me one more chance, please I need you.” He pleads. “Ive given you five! Five fucking chances and you screwed every one of them up! When are you ever going to change Harry? Huh? I’ve given you almost every fucking thing that I have! I’ve given you so much time to try to change, but you don’t! You don’t want to stop, that’s your problem.” I scream. I pull my arm away from him, climbing into the car and speeding away. I watch him crumble in the rearview mirror, wanting to turn back and say everything was going to be just fine. But in reality it wouldn’t be.