If I'm Louder Life update: Broken Bones

“LOUIS!” I screech. “What?!” he says not to calmly back. “You are the adult! You were suppose to make sure he didn’t get hurt.” I say as the doctors and nurses haul Aiden off on a stretcher when we make it to the hospital. “I didn’t know that he was going to go that high up! i swear, if i would have known it wouldn’t have happened.” Louis explains.

We had taken the children to the park today and Louis, the one who gives the best underdogs, was pushing the kids on the swings. Aiden, being the little dare devil like his father, asked Uncle Louis to push him as high as he could go. Louis had taken it upon himself to fulfill this task, pushing the 11 year old boy a few short times until he got enough motivation to grab hold of the swing and run underneath the boy, pushing him up high. A little too high as a matter a fact.

Aiden had moved just enough to lose control of his swing and hit the pole beside him, making the child fall to the ground. If him hitting the pole that hard didn’t break his arm, the way he fell must have. He was in extreme tears the minute he had hit the ground which was very uncommon for Aiden. Even when he was a baby he had hardly cried.

Eleanor and Darcy stayed at the park with the children as Harry, Louis, and I drove Aiden to the hospital for his arm. I sat in back with Aiden stroking his hair, trying to calm him as Harry drove to the hospital. He frequently looked back to check on Aiden as we went. I could tell that Aiden was not the only one in pain. Harry was very protective of his children, as was I, he never liked to see them in pain. In this moment I could tell that seeing Aiden now pained Harry more than ever.

“Is he going to be okay?” Harry whispers as Louis wanders off to find the bathroom. “He’s a strong lad like his father. I’m sure he will take it like a man.” I tell Harry with a sure smile. Harry leans down pressing his soft lips to mine lightly. His kisses were still the best thing to ever caress my lips. 

*

“You can come back now.” A nurse says to us. Harry rises along with me, Louis was in tune with reading a magazine to notice that we had left the room. The nurse leads us to a room where the doctor was already talking to Aiden. “Hello, you must be his parents.” He says to us. “Take a seat please. I’ll pull up the x-rays.” he motions for us to sit.

“So it looks like Aiden has fractured his radius. But with a cast for a few weeks it should be all healed up just like new again.” He says pointing to a clean crack in our son’s arm on one of the x-rays. “We just wanted to make sure that you knew before we sent him down for his cast.” the doctor tells us. A nurse comes in and collects Aiden to take him to the room for his cast. His arm was in a sling so he couldn’t move it for the moment being.

*

“How’s it feel?” Darcy asks Aiden when we get back to our house. “Heavy. and itchy.” He says trying to scratch underneath the cast. “You heard what the doctor said. No itching it.” Harry says to him. I hear Aiden sigh. “It’s okay bud, now you can have people write on your arm without the parents getting mad.” Niall says with a chuckle. He had come over to hang out with us for a while today.

“Really!?” Karrissa asks. “That does not mean you can go break your arm Karrissa.” I say to her. She looks to Harry as if to ask if I was right. Harry looks at her and shakes his head no. The 6 year old crosses her arms and begins to pout. “Hey, hey don’t pout Kar, you don’t wanna have a broken arm anyways. See, look at your brother, his arm is all itchy and he can’t even scratch it.” Niall says to the little girl.