one

"c'mon ry, it's not gonna be that bad." his mother said to her son.

"mom, it is going to be that bad." her son, ryan, said with a mocking tone layering his voice. ryan just moved away from his childhood home in elko to the overly crowded las vegas, the city of lights and casinos. they had just arrived to their new home and ryan could already smell the strippers from a mile away. 

ryan scoffed to himself and helped unpacked their things from the truck. once inside, he went upstairs to see his room and was pleased to see it was bigger than his last one.

it already had a bookshelf in the furthest corner of his room, a walk in closet, and his own bathroom. the worst part was that he could see into his neighbors' upstairs room, their window facing his. he quickly ran back downstairs to get the last load out our of the truck.

after setting up his room, it was already midnight. being a perfectionist, he had to make sure everything was perfect. he changed out of his clothes and laid down in his boxer and fell asleep. 

at one, he was woken up by a loud ruckus from his neighbors house. ryan rolled his before getting up to look out of his window. he saw silhouettes of people breaking glasses and playing heavy metal music way too loudly. he saw alcohol bottles and passed out bodies all along the grass.

who the hell throws party on a sunday?  ryan thought to himself. he scoffed then laid back down, covering his ears with his pillow, hoping to get a few hours of sleep at least.

tomorrow's gonna be a long day.

ahh!! i hope you enjoyed that short, first chapter. i will try to update once-twice a week. thank you for reading and make sure to vote and comment!!

and i know ryan grew up in summerlin but i felt like putting elko. okay, bye.

posted:12/9/17