sixteen

"honey boy, we have a special surprise for you here." ryan heard jon singing into his ear softly, this meaning spencer and jon had a surprise for him. 

"'m guys, it is sunday. our lord told us that today we shall do no work. so i'm just gonna stay in bed," ryan tried saying in his best shakespearian voice. the tired boy heard a soft giggle come from across the room, meaning someone was in here besides spencer and jon. ryan quickly turned his head to see non other than brendon urie. brendon being here wasn't the bad part at all, the bad part was ryan was in nothing but his boxers underneath. 

ryan tried seating up but failed miserably by hitting his head against the wall, yelling out a faint 'fuck' in the process. brendon smiled at the slightly older boy while the couple in the room were laughing their asses off. ryan threw a pillow at them and noticed brendon was in his basketball uniform. 

"well, honey boy, sweet brendon here has a tournament today," jon paused as everyone glanced at brendon, who was looking at some of ryans' books. "and he wanted his good luck charm to be there," that sentence caused brendon to look down and blush a bright pink, making ryan smile to himself. 

"so, ryro, if you don't hurry your cute ass up then we will be leaving with your half-naked self. so i suggest that you hurry up," spencer said, winking and ushering jon and brendon out of the room. ryan quickly got up, throwing on some black jeans and some shirt that he pulled out, and ran downstairs to the other boys.

they all hopped into spencers' car, which he purposely filled one seat up with junk so brendon and ryan were smushed together. ryan wasn't going to lie. he loved the tingling feeling in his leg where brendons' thigh was touching his and he was very disappointed when they had to get out as that feeling was instantly replaced by the coldness that he soon felt outside. the group of boys quickly fled into the gym and sighed in relief that there was heating, even though brendon wouldn't need it since he's playing. 

brendon ran over to his blue eyed giraffe friend and started talking about something. if looks could kill, brendon would've been died by the glare dallon was sending him, but brendon just shook it off and started doing layups. 

and soon enough, the game began.

----

close to the end of the fourth quarter, ryan was on the edge of his seat. if brendon and his team the panthers wanted to win, someone would need to make a three pointer. 

dallon currently had the ball, and passed it back to brendon who was at the half court line. it must have been impulsive, as by the look on brendons' face, you could tell he was confused. brendon didn't have much time as he had two seconds, so he just shot it. 

as the buzzer rang, the ball was moving around the hoop, as if in slow motion. and then suddenly, it falls in. 

their team had just won the championship, the crowed erupted into screams and cheers as the team ran over and hoisted brendon onto their shoulders and he waved the trophy around. ryan almost didn't catch it, but the brown eyed boy sent a quick smile to ryan, then going back to celebrating. 

today was a good day for both of them.

i actually hate this chapter so much but i needed to post to say that i survived !!

i hope you enjoyed, even though it was short !!

posted:2/26/18