thirteen

"you ready?" ryan got snapped out of his daze to see and wet haired brendon, smiling down at him with a hand out. ryan nodded, taking the boys hand and getting up. the tingling feeling ryan got after touching hands with brendon stayed there for awhile. brendon must have felt it too because he just smiled at his hand then walked out, ryan trailing behind him.

once in brendons' car, the tension could've been cut with a knife. the awkward environment made ryan want to slide down his seat and fall onto the floorboard. but the silence was quickly replaced with music, thank god. ryan looked over at brendon, who was lightly drumming his fingers on his steering wheel, humming lightly to the song.

ryans' gaze was interrupted by his phone buzzing. ryan grabbed it out of his back pocket to see a text from spencer. 

"jon just asked me to be his boyfriend !!" the text read, making ryan squeal and quickly covering his mouth in embarrassment. brendon gave him a questioning look with a hint of fondness in his eyes, but ryan didn't catch that because he was still too shocked about the text he had just received from his best friend. 

"jon asked spencer to be his boyfriend!" ryan exclaimed, quickly typing a message in response to congratulate him. 

"finally," brendon chuckled softly. "all jon has been talking about is spencer and how adorable and cute he is. i kept pressuring him to ask him out but he kept chickening out. i'm just glad he finally asked him out." a smile found a way across both the boys faces. brendons' because of how proud he was, ryans' because of how he talked about jon. 

"hey," ryan all of a sudden got this huge burst of confidence. "give me your phone." 

brendon nodded, searching his pocket for his phone, and handed it over to the honey eyed boy. ryan hurriedly typed his number into the boys phone and handed it back, and winked. 

"text me." ryan said and closed door as he walked to his front door, not looking back for fear he would regret giving him his number. ryan quietly walked up his staircase, making sure his window was tightly closed before taking a quick shower then going to sleep. 

brendon was in his room, pacing back and forth, buzzing over what had just happened and texting dallon what had just happened even though he would be upset. 

hello, this is short and terrible but oh well. i haven't had the most inspiration lately but i hope you liked it !!

posted:2/12/18