twenty nine

the two boys got into the car. ryan couldn't have been more anxious. he was being taken out on a date by the one and only brendon urie (yes, this has clearly been stated before but who cares.)

ryan sat in the passenger seat, fingers tapping nervously on his knee while lithium faintly played on the radio. ryan took a quick glance at brendon and, just by his posture, could tell he was just as nervous as he was. ryan finally decided to speak up.

"so," ryan's voice called out suddenly, shocking both of the boys. "where are you taking me?" ryan sat his elbows onto the console that separated the two, resting his head on his fist.

"a very cliche place," brendon winked, pinching the slouching boy's cheek, which caused them to grow a dark shade of red.

"how cliche are we talking here?" ryan asked, raising an eyebrow in suspicion.

"'high school movies where you know exactly how it's going to end' cliche," brendon replied, forever keeping the smirk on his face.

"jesus," ryan groaned, slamming his head onto the head rest and covering his face. ryan took a peak from behind his fingers to see brendon fiddling with the radio, ryan just shook his head and looked out the window.

•••••

"no way!" brendon screamed, laughing so hard he almost choked on the grape he managed to catch into his mouth. brendon was pretty spot on with how he described the spot they were at.

brendon drove ryan about five minutes out of town to his childhood home. obviously no one lived there, but they were in his old treehouse which had somehow survived over ten years. brendon had already came up here earlier, setting up a picnic even though it was almost nine o'clock at night. currently the two were laughing at the story ryan just told about how his mom caught him having a wet dream for the first time.

"i swear!" ryan tried to scream, thinking that would somehow cover up his horrible snorting he was making while laughing.

"okay," brendon finally calmed down his laughter. brendon laid back so his shoulders and head were leaning against the wall while his legs were crossed. "let's get to know the george ryan ross the third."

ryan shrugged, mimicking the younger boys actions. "i don't really know. ask question and i'll answer them."

brendon pondered for a second before asking when his birthday is.

"august thirtieth," ryan yawned a faux yawn to annoy brendon.

"where did you come from and why'd you move here?"

ryan sighed, looking down. "i come from elko. me and my parents moved here since i would be going off to college soon and to get away from homophobic family members,"

brendon gave ryan one of his signature pouts. "man, ry. i'm sorry," ryan's heart skipped at beat at the nickname but tried to play it off cool but shrugging.

"eh, it's whatever. it's over now so it doesn't matter," ryan yawned for real this time when brendon decided to take them home.

all the way back was driven in silence since neither of the boys felt like listening to music at that time.

once they arrived, the two got out in brendon's driveway. "you know what they're doing in there, right?" the brown eyed boy said, meaning jon and spencer in ryan's house.

"ha, yeah. i'm not blind, i wouldn't expect anything less from them two."

"well," brendon started. "i know this sounds very weird but would you wanna stay the night here? it's fine if not, just a suggestion." he suddenly got nervous.

ryan smiled gratefully. "of course." turns out brendon's parents weren't home either so they were home alone. once the two were inside, brendon just stood in the doorway and stared at ryan. the honey eyed boy cocked an eyebrow before brendon walked over and placed his hand underneath the boys chin.

"may i?" the shorter boy asked and ryan could feel his breath ghost across his lips, causing ryan to swallow hard but nod.

then suddenly he felt the crash of brendon's lips on his. and damn, did it feel amazing. the shock made ryan hesitate before kissing back.

it wasn't a 'fighting for dominance' type of kiss, but more like a 'slow, meaningful kiss."

ryan places his hands on brendon's shoulders to keep him steady. the kiss lasted another few seconds until the two pulled away to catch a breath.

once they regained control of their breathing, brendon was the first to speak up.

"wanna do that again?"

ryan smirked as he crashed his lips against brendon's, this time wanting to have a bit of dominance over him. brendon sat his hands on the tops of ryan's hip, walking him up the stairs and into his room.

and, please, you already know what happened that night.

hi, i hoped you enjoyed this (even though i hate it very much.) but you got some ryden content !!

i hope this made up for leaving you all, like, four days without a chapter.

posted: 5/30/18