twenty six

"so, did you talk to him?" ryan asked dallon as the two walked out of the school. no, they weren't friends but he was helping ryan out with brendon. that's all.

"no," dallon replied, looking down. "he just kind of walked away from me," dallon shrugged it off like it was normal. ryan raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"did you do something that would, i don't know, piss him off?" the curious boy questioned the taller of the two yet again.

"unless my presence was an annoyance to him then no, nothing that i know of," the pair continued to walk to their own cars, waving goodbye once getting to their designated vehicles.

ryan put the car in gear and sighed happily when he heard 'basket case' being played on the radio. he drove home in peace and when he pulled up, he saw brendon's car at the neighbors house. ryan was tempted to go over and talk to him but after what dallon had said, he decided it was better off for the both of them if he waited.

ryan walked into his house, seeing his parents sitting together at the table and holding hands. ryan smiled to himself when he saw how peaceful and happy they were together. they were absolutely made for each other. the elder couple had told ryan the story of how they met multiple times. his mom was prom queen and his dad was the loner of the school who always had a crush on her, just like every boy at the school. but it was like fate, as his father would call it, that she chose him. they got married after high school and had ryan a few years later. ryan had always hoped for something like that but he knew it was near impossible for that to ever happen.

ryan grabbed an apple and made his way up to his room, throwing his backpack onto the ground and kicking his shoes off but once he looked up, he saw more than just his laptop on the bed.

brendon urie.

"b-brendon," ryan stuttered for the millionth time that day. ryan carefully took a seat in his desk chair, making sure he doesn't fall, or faint. "what are you doing here?"

"since when were you and dallon friends?" brendon said ever-so casually and not answering his question, it scared ryan.

"huh?" ryan asked, genuine confusion laced his voice. he hoped it didn't sound fake.

"oh quit the act, george," brendon spit at him, ryan just looked down. that was his father's name. not ryan's.

"well, boyd," ryan challenged back and causing brendon scowl. "me and your giraffe friend are not friends, he was merely helping me out and i helped him." this statement made brendon's eyes roll to narina.

"yeah because hugging each other for eight hours straight is totally what friends do," brendon replied with a nasty look on his face.

"well i'm sorry i wanted to know who this sarah person is and it caused dallon to cry!" ryan shouted, growing more and more sick of the way brendon acted. "you haven't told me so i thought dallon could convince you to tell me. he got emotional, and me being a nice person, my first instinct was to comfort him," ryan continued but stopped when he saw the way brendon looked.

"fine," brendon said after two minutes of silence. "i'll tell you."

brendon took a slow deep breath before continuing.

"sarah was a girlfriend of mine, the last relationship i was ever in," ryan took note of the way brendon's voice shook when saying "was."

"she was the absolute love of my life. raven hair, bright and beautiful blue eyes, and the greatest personality you could imagine," brendon paused for a brief moment, sniffling as quietly as possible. "we were together for three years, that was, until sophomore year," ryan was practically at the edge of his seat.

"it was on march twenty-fourth. it was pouring down rain, hailing like crazy. sarah had just left my place when she got into a car crash and killing her on contact. i take blame for that every night. i should've let her stay the night but she was determined to go home that night," brendon laid his head in his hands.

"the night you caught dallon at my house, i was visiting her grave," brendon suddenly broke down, ryan cautiously wrapped an arm around the saddened boy. "dallon was only being mean to you and protective of me because he doesn't want me to fall and there be a repeat of next time."

ryan now understood everything. brendon ended up staying for another hour or two before walking home. all he did was cry and grieve. and ryan let him.

once brendon was gone, he grabbed his phone and called jon, knowing spencer would be with him.

"hello," jon's groggy voice answered.

"i know now," was all ryan had to say to make jon make a noise that pushed him to continue. so, ryan went on and on about what brendon said and how he felt.

ryan was happy brendon had let this side of him show but also upset because he had to push it out of him. ryan would make sure to find something that would make up for this. or at least try to find a way to.

wow this was a long chapter... 900 words !!! hope you enjoyed and this is really bad because it's currently 10:30 at night.

you now know what happened to sarah, oof.

posted: 5/17/18