twenty

"sweetie, you gotta get up at some point." ryan's mother cooed at her bloodshot-eyed son.

he has spent the last three days weeping in his room, only occasionally leaving to eat or get something to drink. spencer and jon also came over after school to check up on him, to make sure he was still breathing.

"mom," ryan's hoarse voice groaned out. "i just want to curl up and stay here forever. who needs school anyways? i know my times table, how to add and subract, and all my angles. what else do i need to know?" ryan said, turning over so he was facing his mother. 

"you know i love you, right? so, so, so much," danielle replied, running her hands through his greasy hair. she didn't mind it, though. if gave her this feeling that he was still her little boy. 

"i know, mom. and i love you even more," ryan replied, giving his first sort of smile in days. then walked his father, smiling sadly at his son. he strolled over, kissing the top of his sons head.

"we're going to go out for awhile, invite jon and spencer over. there's ice cream in the freezer and netflix is already set up," george said, taking his mother's hand in his and leaving the room. once he heard his parents leave the house, he reached for his phone, that he hasn't checked all day, and called spencer. in the process of doing so, he tumbled off his bed with a loud thud and he groaned in annoyance. 

"hey ryro, how ya feeling?" spencer answered, not even after a whole ring.

"how do you think?" ryan scoffed. "anyways, my parents just left and i wanted to know if you and jon wanted to come over?" ryan asked, voice full of plead. 

"jon is kind of out of town but i would love to come over, if that's okay," spencer said, you could almost hear the smile in his voice. 

"yeah, yeah, i would love that. finally some alone time with my best friend," ryan drily chuckled. spencer laughed slightly at his friend and said he'd be over in five. 

-----

after going through two in a half cartons of ice cream and finishing only one three episodes of friends, which was suggested by ryan, the two boys were passed out on the couch, head on each others shoulders and cuddled up together. 

it was around ten o'clock once ryan's parents came home. the couple in the room just smiled fondly at the two best friends, his mother draped a blanket over the two of them and put away the ice cream. danielle and george silently crept up the stairs to their room and let the two boys stay in the living room. 

"that's the most peaceful i've seen him in awhile," danielle smiled to her husband. "you think he's finally cheering up?" she asked. 

"let's hope he is," george replied, smiling back, "he's going back to school monday, though." danielle nodded her head and the two of them went to sleep. 

here's yet another, somewhat long, chapter since people are somehow enjoying this, i don't know how though.

also, happy birthday gee !!

posted: 4/9/18