eighteen

attention !! if you haven't already, it would be greatly appreciated if you commented on my last update for a character ask. okay, now to your regularly scheduled fanfiction !!

as ryan was walking down the hall to go to his next class, he stopped in his tracks and overheard brendon and dallon talking. ryan knew he shouldn't be eavesdropping but the conversation sounded interesting. 

"brendon, you know you can't like ryan! remember sarah and what happened to her?" he heard dallon saying this to brendon. who is sarah and why was dallon talking about her?

"i don't like him, and how could i forget about sarah? i thought she was the one, and she was my first love. no way in hell would or could i forget about her!" well damn, that stung, but his first love?! this shocked ryan, causing him to make racket with his books before running away and going to class, just in time before the bell rang.

ryan tried to focus during his classes, he really did. but this sarah person couldn't stay off of his mind. he had to find out about her but he knew he couldn't ask brendon about her, then he would now ryan was listening in on his and dallon's conversation. 

as the bell rang, signalling that it was time to go to lunch. ryan left the classroom only to be shoved out of the way by dallon.

"watch where you're going, pretty boy," dallon scowled at him sourly, making ryan even more confused about today. what was his problem?, ryan asked himself. ryan just shook his head to himself before sitting down across from the cuddly couple he calls his friends.

"do either of you two know about someone named sarah?" this question caused both of the boys to stop and stare at ryan.

"um," spencer started, glancing over at jon who just shook his head. "someone who used to go to our school, what have you heard?"

"nothing really," ryan shrugged. "i overheard brendon and dallon talking in the hallway about her. something along the lines of brendon not being able to like me because of her and she was his first love," ryan stated casually. if only he knew who she was. 

lunch went by fairly quickly for them, a little bit of small talk because jon and spence couldn't keep their hands off each other, as well as the rest of the day did. once ryan had gone outside the building, he saw brendon getting into his car. the two of them made eye contact so ryan cheerfully smiled and waved, but brendon didn't wave back, he just ducked down and drove off. what the hell was that about?

ryan arrived home and went up to his room, hoping that he would see brendon. sadly, he had his curtain drawn and all the lights were out in his room.

ryan was definitely was going to ask him what this was about.

ah, yes, another shitty update. i apologize that this chapter is so short but it's currently 1 in the morning and i promised i would update, so here it is. 

i hope you enjoyed, please vote and comment !! xx

posted:4/3/18