twenty seven

the weekend went by as it normally does for ryan. he stayed home and scrolled through his different social media's, along with spencer and jon visiting once to check up on him after he learned about what actually happened to sarah.

but then it was monday. which meant it was another day in the place that some call hell or others call school. ryan was suddenly very happy to only have two months of school.

ryan got ready for school, even though he would much rather stay home but that wasn't an option for him. when he got outside, he saw brendon walking out and waved him over. brendon quickly made his way over, raising an eyebrow at the taller boy.

"you called," brendon said, crossing his arms to look tough which made ryan roll his eyes in response.

"yes, well i was just wondering if i could give you a ride to and from school," ryan replied, smiling down at the brown eyed boy. ryan could've sworn he saw the boy blush the slightest bit. he could have just been picturing things though.

"well, mr. ross," brendon smiled back. "i would love a ride to and from school," brendon answered. ryan nodded his head and opened the door from him, bowing down like he was some kind of prince. to ryan, at least, he was. brendon graciously accepted this act, stepping inside of the car and buckling up.

ryan got in on the drivers side and started the car. when the radio started, sweet child o' mine was playing. brendon and ryan both smiled to themselves, ryan sang quietly to himself while brendon did a little air guitar. ryan glanced over and started laughing. then brendon realized why the honey eyed boy was laughing so he started laughing as well.

the two finally arrived at school and walked in together. they saw dallon in the hallway. brendon avoided eye contact with him but ryan smiled a small sunshine smile and waved. dallon did the same thing back and they went in two different directions.

brendon waited next to ryan's locker but ryan didn't know so when he closed his locker he was shocked to still see brendon.

"thanks for the ride," brendon said but he didn't leave. "i was wondering if maybe you wanted to meet me for dinner tonight?" ryan stood in shock at what the raven haired boy said to him.

"are you asking my on a date?" ryan replied, trying to play it cool by crossing his arms and leaning against the locker.

"call it whatever you like," brendon smirked casually. "so, yes or no."

ryan waited a second before responding with a 'yes,' which caused brendon smile.

"great! i will walk over to get you at 7-ish," brendon smiled one last time before walking away. ryan went on the lookout for spencer and jon. when he told them, the three screamed like little girls.

maybe monday weren't so bad.

this is so bad, i'm sorry. its pretty last and i had to update this... hope you enjoyed though !!

posted: 5/21/18