nineteen

"i'm going to beat the shit out of him ryan, i swear," jon yelled, pacing back and forth. ryan was cradled into spencer's arms, sobbing. 

he felt pathetic. 

"n-no don't do it. it wi-will just make matters worse," ryan carefully sputtered out between hiccups. spencer held him even closer than before, like that was going to help him somehow. he was grateful that his friends were trying to help him, but it didn't work.

the three boys went over to ryan's after a confrontation with brendon. 

-----

ryan was running up to catch up with brendon. 

he was going to ask him about sarah. 

"h-hey, brendon," ryan said, trying to sound as casual as possible. ryan would never admit to how nervous he was to be asking him this question. 

"yeah?" brendon replied, stopping at his locker to get his other books out. ryan suddenly found his shoes the most interesting thing in the world, even though the brendon urie was in front of him. 

"who's sarah?" ryan instantly regretted asking once he saw brendon's reaction to the question.

brendon slammed his locker door, harshly grabbing onto ryan's wrist to pull him into the closest janitors closet. ryan could practically see the smoke coming out of his ears as brendon growled at him, fuming. 

"you listened to mine and dallon's fucking conversation, didn't you?" ryan nodded, flinching at the tone of his voice. brendon chuckled harshly, shaking his head.

"i should have fucking believed him!" he shouted. "i stood up for you ryan! oh, ryan would ever listen in on our conversations, he's too sweet and caring to do that," brendon said, mocking his on voice. "i fucking trusted you! you were the first person i let my wall down for," he paused. "si-since, sarah." his voice cracked. "no, you know what? fuck you ryan ross! you fucking prick!" brendon yelled once more before leaving and slamming the door on ryan.

so ryan sat there, sat on the dirty floor, crying. he texted spencer, finally, to come get him out of this hell. 

so spencer did.

he drove him, ryan, and jon to ryan's place.

-----

ryan cried until he fell asleep, still cuddled into spencer's arms who just smiled sadly at the hurt boy. 

well, damn that was a rollercoaster !!  i hope you enjoyed this and maybe gave you a little bit more backstory, maybe not. 

posted: 4/7/18