- 3 -

Denzel's P.O.V

The next morning I returned to the studio around 11:30am. I overslept a little, but I felt oddly refreshed. When I got inside nobody even noticed I was late. Instead they were busy staring at who was in the middle of the room.

The boss was focused and in her zone

The boss was focused and in her zone. Preston was there to back her up. I couldn't help but to think that I had a little something to do with her focused state. I was happy that I could help her out at the time that she needed me the most. I also felt proud and a strange sense of accomplishment. While I'd helped her in her time of need she'd also helped me forget about my problems back at home.  So in a way we'd both helped out each other.

But seeing her this way also let me know that she was in deed vulnerable last night. She'd gotten what she wanted from me, and she'd now moved on with her life. It was a hard pill to swallow, but I had to face the reality that she was still in fact the boss, my boss. I had to keep going and move forward. Guerro was the first to approach me.

"Hey, man where were you last night? I told everyone that you were going to come so we waited for you at the bar, but you never showed up."

"Yeah, sorry about that. I had a family emergency back at home that I had to take care of. It took longer than expected. So I wasn't able to come through."

"I understand. I hope everything worked out well for you man." Guerro grabbed his water, then went about his business.

"Thanks man." I mumbled then sighed slightly before turning my attention back towards her. After a few more moments of observing suddenly the doors opened and in walked Missy Elliot.

"Wassup family, Missy in the house."

"Hey Missy!" We all greeted her in unison. The boss looked so happy to see her friend. Allison smiled as she twirled a piece of her hair.

"What are you doing here Missy?"

"Noting much Alli Cat. I had to come through for my sis and show out. I knew that she needed me here."

The boss squealed as she ran over to hug Missy. We all watched with smiles on our faces. The bond and sisterhood they shared was like no other.

I watched closely as  she and Missy embraced each other. I tried hard not to stare a hole in her ass, but after what we'd did last night it was hard not to. I shook off the thought as Domonique, Mishay, and Alexandra came over to me. Dom was the first to speak.

"So what happened to you not showing up last night?" I shrugged my shoulders as I turned towards them.

I knew that I couldn't tell them the real reason why. So I had to keep the same thing going. They all waited around for me to explain myself.

"I had a family emergency back at home." I looked down at my feet. Alexandra put her hand over her heart as she put her other on my shoulder.

"Oh wow. I am so sorry. I know that you have a lot going on back home. I hope that everything is okay." I sighed slightly before looking back up at them.