- 34 -

Janet's P.O.V

Two months had since the tour had ended. I was happy and in my ninth month of pregnancy. Today was a good day for me, because not only would I be doing something for me, but I would be putting things in order how they should have stayed in the first place.

I took a shower then put on one of my comfortable maternity outfits before finishing getting dressed. I smiled as I looked at Denzel who was sound asleep in bed with Eissa on his chest. He would have a fit when he found out about this. But I knew that I was doing the right thing.

I grabbed my things as I made my way to the front of my house where Joey was standing. I chuckled softly seeing that he had a worried look on his face.

"Ms. Jackson, I know that I work for you and all, but are you sure that this is a good idea. Denzel will go crazy once he finds out about this."

"Joey, please stop worrying. Everything will be fine. You're going with me. So there's no need for him to worry. Now come on before he wakes up and tries to stop me."

Joey nodded his head as he helped me out the door. He shielded me as I got into the car. Then I was driven to the strip where I got on my private jet. The entire time Joey looked as if he was going to pass out.

"Joey, will you please stop worrying? Everything will be okay. Listen to me okay? I would never steer you wrong."

"I'm aware of that, Ms. Jackson. But it's just that you've never done anything this crazy before especially while being as pregnant as you are."

"Is that your way of calling me big Joey?" I squinted.

"No ma'am, I was just saying that you're very pregnant and your belly is out there. I didn't mean to say that I-"

"Joey.... I was kidding." I chuckled. "It was just a little joke to ease the mood. I know I'm so big I look like I'm about to pop. But I'm going to take a nap, and it looks like you could use one yourself to ease your stress. Please, wake me up when we get there alright?"

"Yes ma'am."

"I'm serious about that nap Joey. Take one, boss's orders.I don't need you freaking out anymore."

"Yes ma'am, Ms. Jackson."

I chuckled again as I made my way to the back where the bed was. I knew that Joey was worried about what Denzel would say, but he had no reason to. Denzel knew me, and he also knew that I was going to do what I wanted to do regardless. I put my phone on airplane mode before laying down and drifting off into sleep.

I must have slept for a few hours because the next thing I knew I was being woken up by Joey who seemed to look a little less stressed.

"We're here, Ms. Jackson."

"I see you took that nap. Thank you for waking me up."

"No problem." I stretched a little before standing to my feet. Joey helped me off the plane and back into the car that I already had waiting there.

"Joey, when we get there I want you to stay outside in the car and wait for me? This won't take long."

"I don't know, Ms. Jackson... that doesn't seem like a good idea. What if something happens to you or the encounter turns violent? You know I'm supposed to protect you at all times. I can't risk anything happening to you."

"It will be alright. I know how to handle myself even being as pregnant as I am. Please, trust me on this one."

Joey looked uneasy about the situation, but he also knew that there was this crazy side of me that came out when provoked. I was very capable of taking care of myself and especially in situations like these.