- 22 -

Denzel's P.O.V

The next day we had a show to do in Jacksonville. So the kids took one plane, Janet, Missy, her bodyguards, and I took another. After what had happened the other night I didn't feel right leaving her by herself. She also didn't want to leave my side. She laid comfortably in my lap, resting in my arms.

Not realizing Gil was also on the plane he walked into the area we were in with his hands in his pockets. There was this tension and awkward silence as Gil looked at Janet.

"Dunk, we need to talk."

"I'll um... I'll put my headphones in so you two can have your privacy." I started pulling out my headphones, but Gil stopped me.

"No, that's not necessary. I need to speak to you both."

"Oh, alright." Janet continued to lay in my lap as she looked at Gil silently.

"Okay, the floor is yours Gil."

"I did alot of thinking last night about the way I reacted, and I realized that I owe you an apology. I owe you both an apology."

I looked at him shocked as Janet sat up in my lap.

"First, I want to apologize to you Dunk for how I've been acting. It's not right that I tried making you choose between your love life and your friendships. I admit that I got jealous, and I didn't want to share you with anyone. But that's not my place to tell you what to do with your life. My job as your friend is to be here to support you, no matter what. I guess I'm just overprotective, because of what happened between you and Wissam. I'm sorry for throwing him in your face and disrespecting your relationship."

"Second, D I need to apologize to you man for coming down hard on you, and treating you like you're not good enough for my best friend. I see how happy she's been ever since she's been with you. Now that she's pregnant with your child that happiness has only multiplied. She's in love, she's happy, and she's about to be a mother again to a beautiful little girl and that's all thanks to you. Ever since Wissam I've been on edge trying to protect her, and not wanting her to be hurt again. Now that I know that you're good for her, and that you won't hurt her I can be at ease. So from now on I'll be here to support the relationship and not speak negatively but positive vibes only."

Once Gil finished I was at a loss for words. Janet got up from my lap and pulled Gil into a hug. She hugged him tightly as she cried a little.

"Thank you, that's all I could ever want is your support. You mean alot to me Gil. I hate when we fight, or have a disagreement. So, yes I accept your apology. You're my best friend, and that's the way it will always be."

Gil wiped tears from his eyes as he looked at me, and he and Janet broke apart.

"I appreciate you coming in here and apologizing, Gil. It takes a real man to recognize his wrongs, admit them, and fix them. I accept your apology man."

Gil smiled as he brushed Janet hair to the side of her shoulder revealing her bruised neck to him.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there, Dunk. Last night I just needed to get away so I went out drinking. It's a good thing I wasn't there I would have killed his ass." Gil moved the scarf that was around Janet's neck seeing the bruise she also had there.