- 17 -

Janet's P.O.V

The next day I awoke laying in my favorite place. My face buried in the crook of Denzel's neck as I laid on top of him with his arms wrapped tightly around my waist. Today was the day that Denzel was getting out of the hospital. Not only that, but we also had a show to do in Birmingham, Alabama. I knew that Denzel more than anyone would be excited, because he was ready to leave the hospital. I smiled at how adorable and protective he looked as he slept with his arms holding me tightly. I could only imagine how he'd be as I progressed through my pregnancy.

"Hi, I hope I'm not interrupting." His doctor slowly eased the door open as he came into the room.

"No, just waking up actually." I smiled.

"Alright, Ms. Jackson. Well after doing some much needed examination it was determined that Mr. Chisolm is in fact not suicidal after all."

I sat up a little in the bed, but not enough to wake Denzel.

"It took you guys three days to figure that out?"

"It's a good thing that we kept him, Ms. Jackson. Because we found something in his bloodwork."

I sat up all the way at his words. Yet, Denzel stayed asleep.

"I'm sorry? W-What do you mean?"

"Has Mr. Chisolm ever shared anything with you about his health history?" Dr. Stevenson flipped through his chart as he waited for my response.

"No, nothing at all. He's completely fine as far as I know. What did you find in the bloodwork?" My hands trembled slightly waiting for whatever he had to say to be revealed.

"Ms. Jackson, him trying to jump off that bridge wasn't just a spare of the moment type thing. Mr. Chisolm suffers from bipolar disorder."

His words sounded foreign to me. Denzel he seemed completely fine to me, and he didn't act or seem like someone who was bipolar. This didn't make sense to me.

"I'm sorry, but this doesn't make sense. Denzel has never showed any signs of being bipolar in the least bit. So how could he have had this disorder and not have known?"

"Ms. Jackson, sometimes the signs come ahead and you know right off the bat. Sometimes they come late, and you have situations like these. Him trying to take his life wasn't a coincidence. That's our diagnosis."

I looked at Denzel sleeping as I shook my head. I knew that he didn't know, because if he did he would have told me. The feeling of having to tell him about this made me feel slightly numb. The bad news was always the worst, and being the one having to deliver it didn't make it any better.

"Thank you, Dr. Stevenson. May we go now?"

"Yes ma'am. He's been cleared, and he's all set to go. In getting the release forms ready I also prescribed him Zyprexa and Risperidone. You can have them filled out at your local pharmacy. Other than that everything checks out."

"Thank you. I'll be sure to see to it that he takes them. Thank you for taking care of him." I smiled faintly, but inside I felt sick to my stomach.

"No problem, Ms. Jackson." Dr. Stevenson smiled back before handing me the release forms, the prescriptions, then walking out.

Tears came to my eyes as I looked at Denzel. Right when things were starting to look up this happens? I was so tired of seeing him hurt, and broken. Now he had to fight this disorder, and it would be a tough, but new chapter in his life. He wouldn't have to face it alone though. I loved him. I would be here by his side every step of the way. No matter what we were in this together. I brushed the side of his face softly in an attempt to wake him.