- 24 -

Denzel's P.O.V

Four days had passed since that day at the courthouse. Janet and I hadn't really been talking, and there was this tension and distance between us. I didn't want us to be this way, but she wasn't talking to me. Ever since Gil had told her what I said in the courtroom. Maybe I was tripping, but in my defense I realized that day that I hadn't actually taken my medicine. I took something else to ease my anxiety for the day. I was wrong for what I'd said, but I didn't take the initiative to make things better which only made things worse.

I decided to do the right thing and make things better today. I know that I was a few days too late, but it was better late than never.

"Hey, A have you seen Janet?" Alexandra looked up at me from her phone. She sat in the lobby of the hotel room around Dominque, Allison, Kendall, Taylor, and Mishay.

"The last time I saw her she was headed to her hotel room with Gil and Missy." Alexandra put her phone away as she came over to me. "Is something going on between you two, D?"

"No, everything is fine."

"You know you can tell me right?"

"Yeah, I know. I may have fucked up, but it's nothing that I can't fix. It'll be fine though. I'm trying to find her now so that we can talk it out and sort things out."

"Okay, I'm about to go shopping with the girls, but you know where to find me if you need me."

"Thanks A." I smiled before heading to the elevator. I stood there for a few minutes as I thought about what I'd say to her once I finally got her alone.

The elevator dinged open and I got off. I was heading towards her room when I heard her voice. It sounded like a conversation she was having between her, Missy, and Gil. The door to her room was cracked open. I could hear them loud as day. I decided to stand there and listen for a few minutes before going inside the room.

"So what are you going to do when you and D get married? You never told us what you said to him when he asked you to marry him."

"He didn't really ask me Melissa. He insinuated it, but if this is what it's going to be when we take that step I don't think I want to."

"Wait, so what are you saying Dunk? You don't want to marry Denzel?"

"Gil, I don't think I do. I-" I didn't waste anymore time I walked right into her room.

"So you don't want to marry me, huh?" They all looked at me silently. Gil and Missy stood up.

"Dunk, we're going to go because clearly you two need to talk. This isn't healthy what's going on between you two."

Janet didn't say anything. She just sat on the couch avoiding eye contact with me. As soon as Missy and Gil left out and the door closed back I looked back at her.

"Answer my question, Janet. You don't want to marry me?"

"What were you doing spying in on me? Why were you eavesdropping on our conversation?"

"I came here to fix things between us. But then I heard you talking with Gil and Missy about how you don't want to marry me. What the hell is that about?"

Janet got up as she sighed.

"Denzel, I love you. You know I do, but look at us. We're not ready to get married. There's so much growing that we have left to do. I can't marry you now."

"Then what the hell have we been doing? Because I don't get in relationships just to fuck around. I date a girl with the intent of marriage. So if you don't want to do that then tell me now, and we can end this. I don't have time to be wasting."