- 39 -

Denzel's P.O.V

Almost three months had passed since that day at the hospital. I spent many sleepless nights often wondering why things happened the way they did. Sometimes it hurt to think about it. So I did everything I could to block that memory out of my head. It was a day that I wished would have never came into existence. That day changed alot of things.

I felt tiny hands on my face as tears came to my eyes. I opened my eyes to see Eissa sitting in front of me. He looked over on my bedside at a picture of Janet. It was clear that we were feeling the same way.

"Mama." Eissa babbled. I grabbed his hand and kissed it.

"I know little man. I miss her too." I wiped my eyes before picking up Eissa.

"I don't know what we're gonna do today, but let's see where today's adventure takes us." I stood up and walked into the living room where I heard another sound coming from the living room.

I carried Eissa downstairs on my hip to the room. The sight I saw before me brought tears to my eyes. I put my hand over my face as I stood there speechless.

"Baby, I'm home."

"Ma!" Eissa yelled. I put him down and let him wobble to her as quick as he could. She picked him up and kissed all over his face.

"Hi baby boy. Hi my Eisses. I missed you so much." Tears were in her eyes as she held him close in her arms against her heart.

I sat on the couch speechless. Seeing her standing in this room felt surreal. She put Eissa down and let him run seeing me the way I was. She slowly made her way over to me as I continued to sit there.

"I'm sorry." Her voice broke. I grabbed ahold of her waist and cried into her shirt. She put her hand on the back of my head as she cried too.

She knew that, that day killed me inside. I was a broken wreck without her, and I needed her back in my life. So to have her back in my arms after all this time felt surreal to me. I just had to hold on to her to make sure that it was real.

"Say something baby, please? Anything. I just need to hear your voice." Janet continued brushing the back of my head softly as I held her tightly around her waist.

After a few moments I sat back and wiped my eyes as I sniffled.

"Just tell me one thing.... what really happened? Where have you been, and where's our daughter?"

"Well, that day that everything went down I did die on the operating table. But when I went on the other side I saw my brother Michael and my father. They told me that I had a wake up call to get through and that they were trying to get my attention. Please... believe me when I tell you I never wanted to leave you. I begged them to let me come back to you, but... they wouldn't.  Leaving you was the hardest thing I've ever had to do."

I watched her wipe tears from her eyes as she continued to explain.

"I just... I had to trust my brother. He said that he wouldn't steer me wrong, and I'm here because of that. After I got out of the hospital I went to my mother's. I had to go through rehab because of the seizure I had to learn how to walk again. They wouldn't let me leave until I got completely better. They took care of the baby while I got better.  But one thing I knew was that I would get better, and that I'd get back to you and Eissa. It broke my heart leaving you two so suddenly and so fast, and knowing that you had to go through that heartache left me devastated. I'm so sorry."

Janet began to cry as she put her hands over her face. I wiped tears that fell from my eyes as I pulled her into my lap. I held her against me as I made her look into my eyes. She wiped tears from my eyes with her fingers as she looked at me.