- 7-

Denzel's P.O.V

We all watched as the boss got on the elevator, then disappeared. Something was wrong, but I couldn't understand what. She was so far away, and there was so much shit going on I could barely hear. But, what we all knew for a fact was that she was yelling at someone over the phone. I had a feeling who that someone was.

"Woah, did you guys see that?" Allison questioned.

"I've never seen the boss that upset before. Hell, I've never seen the boss upset before period. Something is definitely up." Guerro sighed.

"I'll go check on her." I stood up, but Domonique grabbed my arm.

"Are you sure that's wise? Maybe she just wants to be left alone right now."

"No, it's fine Dom. I can handle it. I'm sure everything will be fine." Dom nodded her head okay. I straightened my jacket as I got on the elevator, then headed up to the boss's room.

Something was definitely up. She seemed so chill and calm this morning, but now she was blowing up. I knew that her husband was the only guy who could have that effect on her. Once the elevator finally stopped, I got off and slowly made my way to her room. I heard a little commotion coming from the boss's room. I knocked on the door and got no response. So I twisted the doorknob, and it came open. I went in slowly to see her room in a mess. It was almost as if it had been ransacked. She was yelling at someone over the phone with tears in her eyes whilst stuffing her things in a suitcase.

"Hey, what's going on?" She didn't answer me. Instead she continued to pack as she yelled at whoever on the phone.

"No, now! I need the quickest flight out to London, right now!" The boss yelled, "Thank you." I walked behind her, and slowly took her phone out of her hand; then ended the call.

"Please, talk to me. Tell me what's going on."

"Denzel, you wouldn't understand. I just... I need to go. I don't have time to talk about it."

"No, you're not leaving. I can't let you go like this. You need to talk to me. Tell me what's happening right now."

I pulled her body into mines from behind, and wrapped my arms around her. She dropped her head as she began to sob. I turned her around to where we were facing each other, and she began to cry into my chest.

"Please, talk to me. We've come too far to just give up now. Please." I whispered. I kissed the top of her head, then rubbed her back in circles trying to get her to calm down for me.

She was so angry she was literally shaking. After a few moments she finally looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

"Wissam, h-he's trying to replace me as Eissa's mother. I-I called him and he had some o-other woman there holding my s-son. He said that o-once the judge grants him custody h-he's going to replace me f-for good. He c-can't do that to m-me." The boss struggled to get her words out. Her tears were overpowering her.

I grabbed her hand whilst leading her over to the bed. I sat her on the edge of the bed, and kneeled down between her legs. I grabbed her hands, and kissed them as I wrapped her legs around me.

"I need you to calm down, and breathe for me before you have a panic attack; because you're right he can't do that to you. You're Eissa's mother and that will never change. He can't take your son from you. So if you want to still take a flight back to London you can do that, but I don't want you going this way; and I don't want you going alone. You're too upset, and you're liable to kill someone, or something could happen to you; and I don't want that happening. So what can I do to help you calm down?"