- 33 -

Denzel's P.O.V

Today was the day that we'd be doing the last show of the State of The World tour in Atlanta. I took the doctor's orders and tried to make sure that Janet was stress free. But with us still being in the tabloids and all over social media emotions were high, and this was the first time that everyone would be together for the first time since then.

Janet along with Gil, Missy, and the kids currently all stood in one room for prayer before the last show started, but there was clear tension in the room with everyone.

"Tonight's the last show. How's everyone feeling?" DJ Atktive questioned. Replies were heard from everyone except a few.

I looked at Gil and saw that there was something clearly wrong by the way he was staring at me. Janet decided to say something about it.

"Gil, what's wrong? Is there something on your mind?"

"Hell yeah, there's something on my mind. Denzel, what the hell is wrong with you? Why would you just let those people bombard her at her father's funeral? Do you really not care about her?"

The room got quiet as I stared at Gil. He didn't know anything about what was going on.

"Um, I'll be outside. You guys have something to work out." DJ Atktive went out the room and closed the door behind him.

"You think you know what's going on, Gil? I would NEVER do anything to put her in harm's way. I love her."

"Oh, just like you wouldn't do anything to embarrass her either right? Like you wouldn't take her to your family's house introducing her as your 'friend' then leaving her to explain your situation by herself. The fact that she got pregnant by a backup boy wasn't enough. Your family had to look down their noses at her like she was some kind of disease. If that's your definition of never doing anything to keep her out of harm's way you have a funny way of showing it."

I looked at Janet seeing that she wasn't saying anything to defend me. I also looked at Alex and saw that she was getting upset at Gil's words, and the whole situation.

"Is that really how you feel Janet? I thought we talked about this?"

"No, you talked about this. I listened to you talk, but I never said how I felt. I never got to say anything. Gil, he's-"

"Right, there's only so much you can take before it all becomes too much. You should have done a better job at protecting a woman you're supposed to love and care about." Gil interrupted.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back. Alex said what she'd been trying so hard  not to say.

"Wrong. What right do you have to accuse Denzel of being the bad guy when we all know that she threw herself at him."

"Excuse me?"

"Alex, no. Shhhh." I tried keeping her calm, because usually she was one to hold her tongue, and keep her peace. But this time it wasn't working.

"No, D. No! I'm tired of keeping quiet while people just run all over you. You're a good man. You don't deserve to be talked to like this or treated this way."

"Treated like what? I love Denzel. That has never changed nor will it ever. You may know alot of things about him, because you're his best friend. But you don't know anything when it comes to our relationship."

I tried to stop her from saying something that she'd regret, but it was too late.

"You love him, yet you allowed for him to be dogged out by your friend? How is that love? Please, let's not forget that you were the one who perused him. You got pregnant by him, but couldn't handle it when his family didn't accept you right off the bat? But then when the secret comes out you're afraid to address it and tell it exactly like it is. What is he some kind of well kept secret or something? You're scared of living out of loud. You know what that really makes you? That makes you nothing, but another cougar on the prowl trying to fit in on the low."