- 31 -

Denzel's P.O.V.

As soon as we left the burial we went straight to Janet's home. She was silent the whole way there, and I could tell that she was a bit shaken up through the whole situation. When we got to her house there were other cars already there, and by the look on her face I could tell that it was her family's.

The car stopped and Joey helped Janet out of the car. I grabbed her bags as she went to her door and got inside her house. As soon as we got inside we were bombarded by her family.

"Janet, what the hell is wrong with you having those people show up at Joesph's funeral like that?" Latoya was the first to approach her and get in her face.

"I didn't ask them to be there. I didn't know that would happen. This is not my fault."

"Right? Just like it wasn't your fault when poor boy tried to kill himself because of you? No, maybe when he was shot up by Wissam and nearly almost died because of you? Was it your fault then? Tell me."

"Latoya, that is enough. Joe was her father too. Can't you see that she's grieving just as well if not worse? Please, get out of her face, get out of her space, and let her breathe." Tito snapped.

Janet put her hand on the chair in front of her as she began to breath in and out slowly trying to level her breathing. I put my hand on her back seeing tears in her eyes.

"Janet, sweetheart please have a seat." Mrs. Jackson looked at her daughter with worry on her face. "Tell me what happened. Why did those people show up to your father's funeral?"

"Mother, I honestly don't know. I didn't ask them to be there. I didn't plan any of it. The look on my baby boy's face when the paparazzi bombarded me I'll never forget it. I feel like a horrible mother. I'm supposed to protect him. Not put him in harm's way." Janet cried.

I rubbed her back in circles as she sobbed into her hands. I knew that she felt bad about this situation, but she had no right too. She didn't know that this would happen. Neither one of us did.

"Babygirl, look at me." Janet looked over at her mother with tears down her face. "Dry your eyes precious. You have no reason to feel like a horrible person. You're an amazing mother. Things happen especially when you're famous. You've just got to brush it off and keep going. Don't let this break you. Keep your head up and keep pushing."

"Yes mother." Janet nodded her head as she wiped her tears from her eyes. I felt like shit knowing that there was nothing I could have done to prevent this from happening.

"I need you to know something, Janet." Janet looked up at her mother once more. "Don't let what happened today make you see things differently or make you second guess the decisions you've made in life. Do you see that young man right there?"

Janet looked at me as her mother continued.

"I don't know much about him, but one thing I do know is that he loves you. If he didn't he wouldn't have tried to protect you from those people the way he did. You're pregnant and you're in a healthy loving relationship with a man that makes you happy. Your son is okay and he's happy and healthy. Those are the positive things that you have to look forward to in life."

Janet nodded her head again as she looked at her hands. Her mother looked my way making me sit up.

"Now son, kiss my daughter and let her know that everything will be okay."

"Yes ma'am." Janet chuckled as I pulled her close to me by her waist.

I pecked her lips as I wiped the tears that were under her eyes.