- 11 -

Denzel's P.O.V

Two months had passed since that night that the boss, and I shared on the Ferris Wheel. We were now almost near the end of the tour, and things had really changed. The boss's divorce was final, and she was free from her ex husband. But she was still very much private when it came to us being together, or being seen together. She kept things extremely secretive, and never wanted to discuss why. I was very understanding when it came to some things, but it was hard not being able to be with her the way I wanted to. And not only was it hard, but it was also frustrating. Because she knew how I felt about her.

We were now all at breakfast. Everyone from her, Missy, and Gil to all the kids, musicians, and singers. Also the DJ. So it was a full house.

"Hey, Denzel. How is everything going at home with your mom?" Taylor asked. I smiled as I grabbed a plate to get some food.

"Things are going good. She's getting better which is the best news I've gotten in awhile. Those prayers really came in handy. Thanks for your concern."

"No problem. I'm happy to hear that." Taylor smiled before walking off. As I went over to the table I couldn't help, but notice the boss's eyes on me.

She'd try to do it secretly as she talked to Gil and Missy, and fed Eissa. But I knew that she was watching me. She just didn't want anyone else to know.

As I stood over the table trying to decide what I'd get Rebecca James came over to me. It'd been awhile sine I'd seen her, but she still looked great. She was a singer with blonde hair that was shoulder length and brown eyes. She still looked the same.

"Denzel, hi." She smiled. I hugged her tightly and held on for a few moments before breaking away.

"Rebecca, it's been way too long girl. The last time we saw each other was during-"

"Essence Fest, two years ago. Wow... what a coincidence seeing you here." She laughed. It was so good to catch up with an old friend.

"What are you doing here? I'm here on business and just doing a little touring around Memphis."

"I'm actually on tour with Ms. Jackson." I pointed slightly at her. I noticed the boss staring a hole in us, but we weren't doing anything, but talking.

"Oh, that's dope. I actually overheard you talking about your mother. How is she? I know it's been awhile seen I've been to that side of town."

"Mom has been going through some challenges. Her cancer came back, but she's doing better. I just hope that it stays that way." I rubbed my hand down my face.

"Oh wow. I am so sorry to hear that." Rebecca put her hand on my arm. " Here let me fix your food for you." She took my plate from my hands.

"Thanks Becca." I rubbed her back then smiled. She's always been this way to help a friend out.

Many would ask how we knew each other, but as I said before we went way back. We were good friends. She handed me my plate as she fixed herself a cup of orange juice.

"We should really get together to catch up on everything. If you're not busy Sunday that could work for me."

"No, Sunday works fine for me. As long as you bring Cody. That way we all can catch up. It's been way too long." Rebecca nodded her head in response.

"Of course, he's been dying to see you again. I'll text him, and see what he's doing Sunday afternoon. It sounds like a plan to me."

As Rebecca and I were talking and laughing with each other I saw the boss walk out of the room in a hurry. She walked right outside without a second glance towards me.