- 28 -

Janet's P.O.V

The next day Denzel and I were closer than ever. It was as if we bonded over night. It was the best feeling in the world to have the man that I loved back with me. We decided to stay at Denzel's aunt's house for a few more days so that he could bond with his sisters. But he was determined to make me feel at home there with him.

We decided to talk to his sisters today, because they wanted answers and they deserved to know about Denzel and I. I held Eissa in my arms as I sat on the couch with Denzel, and his sisters sat across on the other couch from us.

"Okay, Ms. Jackson first I'd like to start off by saying how much I adore you. You've literally been my idol for as long as I can remember which is why it's almost surreal you sitting here in our house across from me with my brother, and your adorable little son."

"Thank you Kesha. But please call me Janet. I appreciate all the love and support you've given me over the years. My fans mean alot to me." I smiled. Denzel wrapped his arm around my waist as he held me close by him.

I looked over and saw his sister Rae staring at me silently. It was a stare like she was trying to figure me out, but couldn't. Almost as if she thought I was hiding something.

"Rae, is there something you want to say?" Rae shifted uncomfortably in her seat as we all looked at her.

"I just want to know when this.... started. D, since when did you start stepping outside of your profession and especially with people like he-"

"Stop, Rae. Don't do that, okay? You don't know her. So don't start judging her before you even get a chance to know her. This isn't like you. You're usually happy as long as I'm happy. You've been spending too much time with Mama B."

"I'm not judging her D. All I'm saying is that this is unlike you."

"Rae, if it helps any I love your brother very much, and I would never hurt him. I know that you're used to seeing him with girls his age, but he's with a woman now. He's the man in my life, my son's life, and he's the father of our soon to be daughter. There's nothing that I would want more."

Rae looked at me silently as she tossed her hair back.

"Did you get pregnant to trap him?" Denzel sat up making me grab his arm. Kesha sighed as she looked at Rae.

"Rae, stop. Look, D is right you're starting to act just like Mama B. You need to ask questions and get the truth out of her mouth instead of just assuming shit. Now say what you have to say with class, or don't say it at all. I'm sure Janet would like to hear what you have to say, but in order for that to happen you've got to hear her out as well."

"I would love to hear what you'd have to say, Rae. That's why Denzel and I are here to answer any questions you and Kesha may have."

"Alright, fine. What's your side of the story?"

"Denzel and I we didn't just jump into this. We got together when I was in one of the worst times in my life. What I didn't know was that Denzel was also going through his own personal hell. He was managing dealing with his mother being sickness on top of helping me cope with a devastating divorce and custody hearing with my son. God, he brought us together and even though we've been through highs and lows I wouldn't change a thing. He's everything I've always wanted."

Kesha wiped tears that threatened to come from her eyes as she sniffled.

"It's good to know that he had someone during the time he was grieving our mother. That was a hard time for all of us. Him having someone in his time of need is what's most important to all of us, including Rae. Right?"