Chapter 1

"Where are you?" I ask annoyed into my phone.

"I told you I'm right by the sign!" He says back equally as annoyed

"There is a million signs here, dumb ass."

"I see you, I'm waving my hand."

"I see you too." I hang up and push through the crowds of people, adjusting my bag and luggage from people bumping into me. I hate the airport.

"Welcome to Sydney!" he says mocking the voice of those preppy flight attendants.

"Shut up, Leo."

"Hey, watch that attitude of yours or else I'll take back that apartment I snatched for you." He says like he is talking to a baby.

"Thank you for your kindness Leo!" I say overly excited and give him the smile. "Can we go now?" I ask dropping the smile right away causing him to chuckle at my little impression.

"Yeah lets go, I can't take any more of this bullshit." he says looking at all of the happy families.

We leave the airport into his small silver car. It smells of cheap cologne and morning breath. Leo puts my luggage in the truck, and I take a seat in the back. "You should clean your car." I say looking at the garbage laying around.

"You should probably sit in front just in case you see anything you shouldn't." he says moving out of my way so I can walk.

"What? Like your Playboy magazines?" I ask while entering the front seat of the car.

"Exactly."

"Ew, gross. I was joking." He chuckles at my reaction and sits down in the driver's seat.

We drive for what seems like hours. I look out through the window to take in my surroundings. I never knew how beautiful Sydney is.

"You look so grown up." Leo tells me avoiding eye contact.

"You do too." He really does. Instead of his hair down, it's up in a quiff. He's also much taller and has a deeper voice.

"So, you finally had the guts to leave." He says slightly moving his head toward me.

"Yep. Just like you did." I say a bit annoyed at his selfishness.

"Look, I'm really sorry, but-"

"I get it." I say cutting him off even though I really didn't. Who would leave their baby sister in that hell hole?

"How's mom?" He asks a  little awkwardly after a short moment of silence. He never really acts serious, or shows that he cares.

"The monster got her." I say trying to sound emotionless even though I have tears forming in my eyes.  I hate showing that I care as well.

We're quiet for the rest of the way to the apartments. I want to get to know more about Leo's new life in Sydney. Who wouldn't want to know about their big brother's new life? Especially if he left you for 3 years and not bring you with him even though he was the only person left that cared about you.

"We're here." Leo states flatly. We both walk into the building. Leo pulling my luggage as I bring my big bag.

"Do you really have one luggage? I thought you would bring a lot of things considering you're living here now."

"I just need clothes. I didn't want to bring any personal things." I say shrugging.

"Then what's in that humongous bag?" he asks opening the door to the apartment building.

"More clothes." I say opening the full bag of clothes to show him.

"Smart." he says looking at the bag. "Hey James." Leo says nodding at the man behind the desk who is reading a magazine. James nods back then looks at me.